Member for

24 years 2 months

Here is the new thread for all relevant ebay sightings on ebay in 2018

Original post

Well some aircraft were referred to as 'Trucks':D

Member for

13 years 6 months

eBay effect strikes again!

2 months ago I came across an Do 17 part, which of course is rare as hens teeth.
See post here.

Well, what you know, another of the same parts showed up again just after Christmas!

It is not the first time I see 2 unique items show up in short time.
Pictures of a particular aircraft, for instance. Happens quite often.
And no, I do not not think he knew of the other listing.

He did tell me it came from same location, which is no surprise at all.

Member for

13 years 10 months

forgery?

Member for

16 years 10 months

I took one of those extinguishers to Newark jumble last year. no one bought it for forty quid. Should have added the extra nought! Odd the way things turn up, Flying Pencil. There was a vendor in Poland trawling a pond on a former Luftwaffe base. He had lots of turret control grips which went from cheap to expensive on ebay.

Member for

19 years 2 months

You should keep your 8005. Many 8090s are meteor. Did not think 8090 fitted to Tyffies

Member for

15 years 4 months

This seller is one to avoided at all costs, seriously dodgy. I have actually just upgraded the selectric button on my 8090 as a point of interest.

Member for

13 years 3 months

Hi Rocketeer
I have to admit i will be keeping a hold of my grip of which was puchased at Shoreham aerojumble a few years back for a bargain £130. oh how i miss that aerojumble.

Hi Bananasplits
I recently managed to get hold of a Bakelite gun button for my grip by asking on another forums wanted list, a real shot in the dark that paid of.
I think i may of seen your grip in the past on possibly another thread, if its the one im thinking of then its an absolute gem.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Yep Shoreham was awesome. Glad you are keeping your 8005. Nice grips, but then all spades are! Banana Splits, I have the original column from Ramsbottom-Isherwoods Meteor and popped a nice 8090 on it.

Member for

15 years 4 months

Hello Hawker1966, yes I'm sure you have seen it, we are in touch on other groups including FB. I bought my 8090 years ago for about £250 (minus firing button) and managed to pick up a Selectric button in used condition but was always looking to get a better one. It took me the best part of ten years but i managed to get a NOS one in the box recently and so upgraded. Selectric buttons seem very hard to get on their own.
I have two Typhoon grips, one in superb condition and one from a crash with a bit of sympathetic restoration. I haven't seen a decent grip to buy in a long time.

Hello Tony, that sounds really nice, i don't think i`ve ever seen very many 8090`s for sale, quite a rare grip ?

Member for

19 years 2 months

Prob bought 3 x 8090s in the last 10 years. One I popped on my Tempest column

Member for

19 years 2 months

The Von gold one looks ok. But I don't need it!!

Member for

13 years 3 months

Hi Bananasplits
Yes we have been in touch in the past on other forums and i have also seen those two Typhoon grips that you own two of the best i have seen.

A bargain purchase in obtaining the 8090 that you have, certain grips are around but you have to be there at the right second, the Shoreham grip i have for the Typhoon literally came out onto the table as i passed i purchased it straight away and was amazed when i found what i had, this was in my early days of collecting.

Just a real shame that the aerojumble circuit is getting smaller and smaller, come on guys theres got to be someone who can get the Shoreham event or similar reborn.

Sorry about the slight side track from the thread.

Member for

17 years 6 months

Aircraft Piston Ashtray

An interesting ashtray made from an aircraft piston and with a cast aluminium scale Beaufighter attached:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25cm-WINGSPAN-WW2-RAF-BOMBER-ON-PISTON-MERLIN-BASE/302599101117?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

However the piston the ashtray is made from is categorically not a Rolls-Royce Merlin piston (which, although it was used on some Beaufighter variants, the scale Beaufighter attached appears to be a Hercules engined variant).

Attachments

Member for

17 years 6 months

Aircraft Piston Ashtray

The same seller sold this item a few weeks ago. Again, the piston the ashtray is made from is not a Rolls-Royce Merlin as was claimed:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17cm-WINGSPAN-ALLOY-RAF-WW2-HURRICANE-ON-MERLIN-PISTON-BASE-/362173623892?nma=true&si=0xSuB%252BYjahEmltmiLZYwZoLzcSM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Attachments