Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all for confirming the Twin Otter

Comment

How much activity has there been at Duxford since the show?

Comment

WillL, activity has returned to "normal" after all the departures from the airshow, 'L' is still doing air tests I believe.

Comment

Duxford Friday 1st June:

After a quiet week of murky weather, things improved this afternoon with flying from 5 Spitfires, Wildcat, P-40F and Nimrod II.
          Photos in order of increasing sunshine:

Prentice T.1 G-APJB returned to base:

Texan G-TDJN visiting for maintenance:

Merlin ZH862 flew by on the way to static display at Old Warden (HMS Queen Elizabeth markings):

Last edited by DCW; 2nd June 2018, 06:42.
          20,000 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwhitworth/

Comment

Great stuff, as usual. Loving the line-up of Spits.

Also really like the Texan - a very clean, simple paint scheme.
            Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

What a treat to see all of those lift off!
              pb::

Comment

Just had a Harvard perform aerobatics over St Neots, don't suppose anybody would happen to know which one it was?

Comment

G-BJST /AJ841 was airborne 1655-1725 local.

Comment

The T-6 visited Old Buckenham recently. Its spotless and wears the markings of the 353FG based at Raydon
                    I like being grey - it means I can worry without it showing!

Comment

The 353rd FG-marked AT-6D is an award-winning restoration that was done by Midwest Aero in the US for the British owner, David Nock, completed back in 2011 - it is painted in the authentic/accurate markings of an AT-6 that was used as a general purpose hack by the 353rd during WWII, based at Raydon. Mr. Nock also currently has a P-51D undergoing restoration at Midwest Aero, reportedly to be painted up as the 353rd FG "Dallas Doll". (Midwest Aero of course is well known for the Mustang restorations "Happy Jack's Go Buggy", "Cripes A' Mighty", "Was That Too Fast", "Daddy's Girl", "Live Bait", "Red Dog", "Frances Dell" and most recently "Frenesi" - the founders of Midwest Aero originally performed the restoration of the F-6D "Lil' Margaret" as well.)

Comment

Duxford Saturday 2nd June:

Another murky morning, another magic afternoon

Comment

Love the Hurri tucking up her gear!
                          Tony Dyer
                          https://www.facebook.com/TheAirDefen...homepage_panel

Comment

One from yesterday. Three of de Havilland's finest.

Brian
                            The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
                            DfG on Facebook

Comment

Sunday 3rd June

A different type of warbird flying at Duxford today when DEMON 11 flight, a pair of Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt II of the 107th Fighter Squadron based at Selfridge Air National Guard Base, Michigan, flew a couple of missed approaches at Duxford before returning to Mildenhall. They had been to France to take part in the annual D-Day Anniversary event near Cherbourg. The lead A-10 was wearing a special paint scheme commemorating the 100th Anniversary of the 107th Squadron/Red Devils. The Squadron is on deployment to Europe. Three passes had been booked but the A-10's were a bit late and the Hawker Fury was waiting to depart to open the Old Warden air show so we only had two circuits. Photos in the order taken.

Sony a6500 APS-C Camera + Sony FE 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 G OSS Lens

Brian
                              The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
                              DfG on Facebook

Comment

No way, A-10’s ... haven’t seen one flying for years. I could hear a jet going round and I couldn’t see it because of trees or place the sound as to what type it was. Gutted to of missed it now. Nicely captured though.

Rob
                                Facebook page
                                https://www.facebook.com/Westland.Wy...tif_t=page_fan

Comment

I really like the retro scheme, classy move by the unit! Very cool to see.
                                  "those who know keep quiet, and those who don't are frowned upon for asking." - snafu

Comment

Yep, I saw them from my garden. What a lovely sight to see over East Anglia again, brings back many happy memories from the '80's. What a machine, still not superceded in its role and amazing performance. Back in the day when the USAF used them for airshows they were stunning performers along with those Bitburg F15's.

Comment

Loving the 'retro' paint job too! Makes a change from the low visibility grey everything wears these days. The A-10s at Alconbury had a nice range of nose art early 90's...
                                      Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Comment

Their role has changed somewhat . They use the cannon far less and are now very much a platform to deliver precision guided munitions.

Comment

A-10 Thunderbolt.

Ugly!

But well hung

Comment

Working...
                                          X