No announcement yet.

Duxford Diary 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The font and size used on the codes of SW-A are unusual. Not saying wrong, of course.....

Comment

Loving this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Propstrike
        The font and size used on the codes of SW-A are unusual. Not saying wrong, of course.....
        The font and stencil style are 100% accurate to 1945 253 Sqn images.

The codes were actually a touch smaller in service.

With all two seat Spitfire liveries it is a case of getting a visual balance of the misplaced roundel, the serial, the codes on both sides and the two cockpits.

Mark

Last edited by Mark12; 24th March 2018, 00:36.
        "...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney"

Comment

Duxford Friday 23rd March:

Today's highlight was the surprise arrival of Walrus G-RNLI from Audley End. No further information yet...

P-51D 'Sharkmouth' and the Aero Legends Devon were among the fliers today:

The Missionary Aviation Fellowship Cessna 208 is now in Airspace for a corporate event tomorrow:

20,000 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwhitworth/

Comment

Some further pictures from today

N3200 by AJCDuxman, on Flickr

WG655 by AJCDuxman, on Flickr

N3200 by AJCDuxman, on Flickr

Duxman

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64209520@N05/

Comment

No close-up of the artwork on the fin of PT462?

Comment

Cracking photos.
                Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Wonderful to see the Walrus!! Thank you for sharing !
                  Our Beech 18 & T-6@www.beechrestorations.com
                  Visit Sywell Aviation Museum @
                  www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/museum.php
                  Sywell Airshow 17.8.2014

Comment

I wonder if that is the first Walrus ever to appear at DX. I could imagine how that could be the case.

Comment

At least it's there for leg......

Comment

Walrus G-RNLI was de-registered on the 19th March according to G-INFO

Comment

' Shagbat to the Skies ! ' - The dream is over.

Comment

Enjoying the images here. Especially Pen pusher's

Comment

If ever there was a restoration project that I one day hoped to see completed and flying, and was on my lottery win list, it was the Walrus. Poor thing has been passed from pillar to post but never quite made it over the finishing line.
                              The cancelled reg is disappointing, but it’s still intriguing as to why it’s at Dx. Here’s hoping!

Rob
                              Facebook page
                              https://www.facebook.com/Westland.Wy...tif_t=page_fan

Comment

Its pointing towards ARCo, so lets hope it goes there. De-registering it is less optimistic though...

Comment

HMS Belfast?

Comment

So what's in Belfast's hangar currently, as I hope they wouldn't put the shagbat outside?

Comment

Just popped up on Vintage Fabrics FB page:

We are sad to announce that our long term resident, the Supermarine Walrus (G-RNLI) left Audley End yesterday to take up residence with a new owner.

The previous owner decided late last year that he did not want to continue with this substantial project and it was put up for sale. The new owner wishes to continue the work that we and all the previous restoration establishments have carried out, but at a new location and with his own team.

We wish him and the team all the best and we look forward one day to seeing the Walrus take to the skies.
                                      Listening out for something interesting approaching...

Comment

Good to hear that it is still hoped to continue to flying status.

Comment

A couple of poor images of the artwork on the tail of PT462. I know it does not do Roobarbs talents justice as I was distracted at the time by the Walrus arrival.

PT462 tail by AJCDuxman, on Flickr

PT462 tail by AJCDuxman, on Flickr

Duxman

Comment

Working...
                                          X