https://youtu.be/Q2VrKp4M6qk

Bonkers muricans...

Certainly bold.......

Comment

but why?
      SMOKE SMOKE GO!
      TA out

Comment

I cant figure that out either TA! Less aerobatic, more power, heavy elevator, slower roll, with greater momentum. Gear looks like a ground handling nightmare.

Comment

Room to fix a CJ601 jet to the new centre section, thats why. ;-)
          A Little VC10derness - A Tribute to the Vickers VC10 - www.VC10.net

Comment

Well that's something I never expected to see, mainly because being relatively sane means that the thought had never crossed my mind!! )

Amazing what can be done with a bit of lateral thinking and initiative...oh, and money. Practical use?? Probably none, although it might make a good handling trainer for prospective F82 pilots??
            "Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease." Sergei Sikorsky

Comment

This is the other airshow act from Jeff Boerboon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-w8HjeY2Q (which also neatly pulls this thread back into the 'Historic' world.... )

Comment

I think we can say comfortably that the Yak 55 is historic! Its hardly a cutting edge aerobat....

Comment

Well, not first time someone combined parts of 2 aircraft...

Click image for larger version

Name:	tripacer-01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	3678008
                  Do17 recovery fund
                  Since 2004 dedicated to researching Do-17, 1000+ period photos, manuals, history, technology to put aircraft in perspective.

Comment

Why you ask........... Let me Quote Monty P............. "And now for something completely different..."

Comment

You could even argue that this is a similar project
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	drone1_website.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	3678018

Comment

Why did they do that ? Because after a few beers in the back of a hangar, the guy that built the Sasquatch Jet Waco and his friends said... "Why not ? Let's try it !"

Comment

oh well it fly's I like it, look's a job well done
                          Cheer's all far and WIDE!! , Tally Ho from Phil in Oz!

WHAT GOE'S UP MUST COME DOWN

Comment

Its taking two nice aircraft and turning it into something that has no value

Comment

If the owner can sell it as an airshow act, then it has value for him. Had they done this to two historically significant aircraft, I'm sure it would have caused quite a stir. As for two Yak-55s, I don't think it matters much what he does with them. I for one will be looking out for the videos showing the finished item.

Comment

It is indeed intended for the airshow business. Wait until it received the jet engine under the central wing.

Comment

Working...
                                X