Member for

11 years 10 months

Certainly bold.......

Member for

17 years 10 months

but why?

Member for

8 years 9 months

I can’t figure that out either TA! Less aerobatic, more power, heavy elevator, slower roll, with greater momentum. Gear looks like a ground handling nightmare.

Member for

20 years 4 months

Room to fix a CJ601 jet to the new centre section, that’s why. ;-)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well that's something I never expected to see, mainly because being relatively sane means that the thought had never crossed my mind!! :o)

Amazing what can be done with a bit of lateral thinking and initiative...oh, and money. Practical use?? Probably none, although it might make a good handling trainer for prospective F82 pilots??

Member for

8 years 9 months

I think we can say comfortably that the Yak 55 is historic! It’s hardly a cutting edge aerobat....

Member for

13 years 6 months

Well, not first time someone combined parts of 2 aircraft...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]257618[/ATTACH]

Member for

15 years 6 months

Why you ask........... Let me Quote Monty P............. "And now for something completely different..."

Member for

20 years 4 months

You could even argue that this is a similar project :p
[ATTACH=CONFIG]257628[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

20 years

Why did they do that ? Because after a few beers in the back of a hangar, the guy that built the Sasquatch Jet Waco and his friends said... "Why not ? Let's try it !"

Member for

19 years 8 months

oh well it fly's I like it, look's a job well done

Member for

24 years 2 months

Its taking two nice aircraft and turning it into something that has no value

Member for

20 years 4 months

If the owner can sell it as an airshow act, then it has value for him. Had they done this to two historically significant aircraft, I'm sure it would have caused quite a stir. As for two Yak-55s, I don't think it matters much what he does with them. I for one will be looking out for the videos showing the finished item.

Member for

20 years

It is indeed intended for the airshow business. Wait until it received the jet engine under the central wing.