Bristol Jupiter engines

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 8 months

I'm engaged in drawing the Westland Wapiti / Wallace aircraft family. Can anyone help please with the following.

I need scans of the following engine information, so if any forum member has a side view dimensioned drawing for the Jupiter VI, such as might be found in the AP or engine manual, also the same for the Pegasus IIM or Pegasus IV. I have the dimensions I need for the Jupiter VIII the from drawing in the Jagan book "The Westland Wapiti in the Indian Air Force. The most needed dimension in each case is that from the engine mounting plate to the tip of the propeller shaft.

I have some dimensions from the American built Bliss Jupiter's and if these mirror the Bristol ones (as I suspect they will) then I need to find a troublesome 2.5" difference in the overall lengths of the Wapiti II and IIA.

Cheers

John

Original post

Member for

15 years 2 months

Jupiter VIIF - any help?

Attachments

Member for

17 years 10 months

19 minutes and someone comes up with the above, now that is why i very much like this forum, well done

Member for

17 years 8 months

One dog walk later and a brilliant result on my return. Thank you so much TerryP. This will help narrow down the grey areas.

Again thank you.

Cheers

John

Member for

15 years 2 months

And Pegasus IIL:-

Attachments

Member for

12 years 2 months

Wow, amazing! :)
What about Hercules? Any chance?

Juraj

Member for

17 years 8 months

Terry,

Those are exactly what I was hoping for. Again I can't thank you enough.

Cheers

John

Member for

15 years 2 months

No, the Jupiter drawing is from the AP dated 1930, and the Pegasus from a Bristol handbook. Neither have any real title block with drawn by etc.

TerryP

Member for

17 years 8 months

TerryP

No hassle but did you have a personal email from me? I've sent a couple through the forum recently and had no reply to either and one was an answer to a friend.

Regards

John

Member for

15 years 2 months

John,
Nothing received (yet).