BE2e PLANS

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 1 month

Where can one obtain plans of the BE2e, suitable for building a full size non-flying replica?

The SAAF Museum satellite branch in Port Elizabeth are doing a feasibility study in undertaking such a project, having recently completed a full size wooden non-flying Spitfire Mk IX.

Original post

Member for

15 years 2 months

I would imagine TVAL in New Zealand might have them?

Member for

13 years 1 month

They do - but apparently they could not come to a mutual agreement.
The idea is not to build a replica to airworthy standard, but merely one suitable for suspending from a display hall roof so many internal details and features may not be required.

Member for

13 years 2 months

Try the Public Records Office at Kew, they gold most of the remaining R.A.F drawings, inc those for the BE2e.

Bob. T

Member for

14 years

I can verify that National Archives hold many detailed drawings of WW1 aircraft. Also try the Imperial War Museum, who also have holdings.

Member for

24 years 2 months

After a quick search there would appear to be quite a few things hiding in AVIA 14 at the National Archives.

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/results/r?_q=be2e&_ser=AVIA%2014&id=C2594

You may find it easier to ask for the listing of the RAE drawings done by Wg Cdr Unwin in the 1960s (1964 I think) which lists all the surviving BE family drawings.

Anne