BE2e PLANS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BE2e PLANS

Where can one obtain plans of the BE2e, suitable for building a full size non-flying replica?

The SAAF Museum satellite branch in Port Elizabeth are doing a feasibility study in undertaking such a project, having recently completed a full size wooden non-flying Spitfire Mk IX.

I would imagine TVAL in New Zealand might have them?

Comment

They do - but apparently they could not come to a mutual agreement.
      The idea is not to build a replica to airworthy standard, but merely one suitable for suspending from a display hall roof so many internal details and features may not be required.

Comment

Try the Public Records Office at Kew, they gold most of the remaining R.A.F drawings, inc those for the BE2e.

Bob. T

Comment

I can verify that National Archives hold many detailed drawings of WW1 aircraft. Also try the Imperial War Museum, who also have holdings.

Comment

After a quick search there would appear to be quite a few things hiding in AVIA 14 at the National Archives.

http://discovery.nationalarchives.go...%2014&id=C2594

You may find it easier to ask for the listing of the RAE drawings done by Wg Cdr Unwin in the 1960s (1964 I think) which lists all the surviving BE family drawings.

Anne
            pb::

Comment

I know it is a C but what about Sywell as they rebuilt their replica

http://www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/syw...es-biplane.php

Comment

you could try these people, lots of interesting drawings, no BE listed, but they may do one ?

www.replicraft.us.fm/plansets.htm

jules

Comment

Working...
                X