• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any better?
    Attached Files

Comment

A shame Robert Rudhall couldn't be here

Comment

Thanks Propstrike aircraft colours are improved but the blue haze problem needs fixing. Note the purple concrete paving.

Septic fixed blue haze perfectly on the San Sebastion slide.
        Last edited by Sim; 14th November 2017, 23:42.

Comment

From right to left PS853, RM689, MH434, AB910, AR501, P7350, AR213, Mk IX probably MH415 or MK297.

Mark

Last edited by Mark12; 15th November 2017, 00:11.
          "...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney"

Comment

What an amazing thread. These photos are fantastic!
            "those who know keep quiet, and those who don't are frowned upon for asking." - snafu

Comment

Indeed - those Spit shots now look like they could have been taken yesterday!
              Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

The Thread that just keeps on giving!

Love it.

Steve.
                75-Stay alive, 76-Radio tricks, 77-Going to Heaven.

Comment

Look at the size of that General Melchert-level moustache!!
                  I miss John Blake - a knowledgeable, amusing and somehow reassuring presence in the commentary box!

Great thread, keep those pics coming!

Comment

Thanks again Mark for your previous Spitfire Mag work and for tackling the blue haze. That's all my 1968 photos albiet some among them need to be cleaned up and photo edited.

Click image for larger version

Name:	X DUXFORD SPITS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	3677583
                    Last edited by Sim; 12th May 2018, 10:30.

Comment

Sim, Thanks for your generosity in putting these lovely photos 'out there' and allowing distribution and sharing, with proper accreditation of course. Any preference what name/title should be used ?

There is plenty of scope here for a cracking article in one of the historic aircraft mags, maybe one for the 50th anniversary year, which is almost upon us. I wonder who might run with that !

Comment

Not necessary for accreditation Propstrike. Just pleased my pictures are now out there rather than gathering dust. "Sim" will be fine if needs must. Grateful Spitfire Magazine helped along with folks on this forum thread. Hope my pics compliment T6flyer esquire's excellent stills of Battle of Britain Cine Film and for their forebearance. Hope one day to see the complete Cine Film and wallow in nostalgia!

Comment

Same goes for the screenshots. Posted them together with a lot more light aircraft photos elsewhere, but better to be seen here then gathering dust somewhere. Have full permission to use them and the owner is pleased and surprised that people are getting a lot of pleasure in seeing them. Bringing back memories for people that were associated or have flown the aeroplanes in question. Will try and see if can get permission to upload the BoB film as its purely that and contains no family content unlike the 11 other reels.

Comment

I was thinking exactly the same, Roberts two fabulous books on the film are a must for any fans of the movie a pure visual feast but with so much detail on the background of its making...great post... thanks!

Comment

Absolutely fantastic!!

How are you digitizing?
                              Do17 recovery fund
                              Since 2004 dedicated to researching Do-17, 1000+ period photos, manuals, history, technology to put aircraft in perspective.

Comment

How are you digitizing?

For cinefilm T6Flyer how did you digitalize?

For my colour slides Flying Pencil I used an old Canoscan 880F. The results from 1968 35mm slides then need dust marks and scratches removed and colours contrast etc optimised by a good photo editor.

Reading through the later posts you will see my own meagre efforts were enhanced further by expertise kindly offered by other forum members.
                                Last edited by Sim; 18th November 2017, 15:54.

Comment

I can just about turn a computer on, so cheated and had the films converted by someone I know. Will try and find out how they did it. I haven't a clue!

The screengrabs were just done by using an old Win7 program that I used to use for Flight Sim images called Snapper. Nothing fancy at all.

And today, have had permission to upload the BoB film by the Bellamy family to Youtube. So will get around to doing that hopefully tomorrow.

Comment

I was thinking exactly the same, Roberts two fabulous books on the film are a must for any fans of the movie a pure visual feast but with so much detail on the background of its making...great post... thanks!
                                    The Leonard Mosley book is also worth a read if you can find a copy - a contemporary account of the making of the film.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	md22573452040.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	3677638

Yep, well worth a read.
                                      Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Just to let you know that have uploaded the film (with the kind permission of the Bellamy family) to Youtube:

https://youtu.be/4WRI0qA-tOg

Hope everyone finds it of interest.

Martin

Comment

Absolute magic! Many thanks to them and to you for such a treat!

Comment

Working...
                                          X