No announcement yet.

Battle of Britain film Cine Film

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do believe that is Bovington. Here are a few more, hopefully from the same location. And yes, the cameraman had something to do with the film as was one of the Spitfire pilots.

Bell_3 by Martin Pengelly, on Flickr

Bell_4 by Martin Pengelly, on Flickr

Bell_2 by Martin Pengelly, on Flickr

Comment

The film as not shown before may be valuable, as the stills may also be. I would have put a copyright across them.
      Last edited by TonyT; 16th October 2017, 11:29.

Comment

MK297, looks to be at DX.

Mark

Last edited by Mark12; 16th October 2017, 12:33.
        "...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney"

Comment

Hi Martin,

Thank you for showing the film at Bodmin on Saturday. Not just the BoB stuff, I rather liked the Jet Wot and HAeC stuff too! G-AIDN looked much better in civvy colours.

Comment

The landing Spitfires, Heinkel and Buchons are all at Duxford. See you have found my Flickr albums!

Martin

Suppose should have put a copyright mark on each one, but least we will know where we saw them the first time. Will look into doing that with future screenshots.
            Last edited by T6flyer; 16th October 2017, 12:54.

Comment

The last from this reel. Onto the next one. Not sure what will find on that.....

Bell_7 by Martin Pengelly, on Flickr

Bell_6 by Martin Pengelly, on Flickr

Bell_5 by Martin Pengelly, on Flickr

Bell_1 by Martin Pengelly, on Flickr

Bell_11 by Martin Pengelly, on Flickr

Bell_8 by Martin Pengelly, on Flickr

Comment

That is Jeff Hawke ( seated) , taking a break from flying the B25 cameraship.

At a guess, I would say Duxford, given the painting of the buildings and blast tape on the windows. Possibly North Weald, but not Bovingdon I think, as that did not feature in ground shots, apart from the smoking Heinkel descending over a huge, painted London skyline billboard.

Comment

All but one (the dummy pilot on the wing is at Bovingdon), the rest are taken at Duxford. When the camera pans around, its weird not to see the M11....

Martin

Comment

Spitfire CD-H is P7350. Not sure which of the two Mk.XIXs is in the other shot.
                    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Brilliant footage/pictures. The dummy pilot on the wing of the Buchon must have been left on the films cutting room floor because i don`t recall any scene in the film where a Buchon pilot is seen baling out.

Comment

Me neither.

It could be that the system was not effective of the shot not convincing enough, of course, but it definitely worked well enough with a Spitfire.
                        Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Originally posted by DazDaMan
                          Not sure which of the two Mk.XIXs is in the other shot
                          The Mk XIX is PS853 at DX circa July 1968.

Note the cabin blower on the port engine cowling of PS853...not fitted on PM631.

Mark

"...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney"

Comment

I recently built the Airfix Spitfire Mk.XIX kit (1/72) as PS853, and never thought of the air intake on the cowling being there or not!
                            Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Some of my colour slides from six weeks at Tablada Spanish airbase in the spring of 1968.
                              Hamish Mahaddie requested my help servicing air radio equipment.

https://postimg.org/gallery/1r1ahcb7g/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spanish Air force & Confederate A F pilots morning briefingXX.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	3677471
                              Spanish Air force & Confederate A F pilots morning briefing
                              Last edited by Sim; 10th November 2017, 00:48.

Comment

Brilliant stuff ! Welcome to the forum Sim. This B of B material is greatly appreciated here.

That is a really atmospheric shot, and I have not seen any quite like it. Probably Connie Edwards in one of the cowboy hats, and John Blake ( wartime injury to arm) hosting the briefing.

Any more you can share ?
                                Last edited by Propstrike; 10th November 2017, 13:32.

Comment

Connie's the one on the right.

Comment

Simon,

I doubt there has been a finer opening post during the lifetime of this forum.

Nice to see them again since I tidied them up for DavidL.

Thank you for posting.

Mark

Comment

I love the colour scheme on the B25. I am assuming the red and green are for port and starboard to help with quick identification and positioning for pilots - particularly in the scenes of massive mayhem, when brief glances at all that can be afforded at best?

I showed the film to my 3 year old the afternoon before his first Flying Legends airshow earlier this year. He is now fascinated by any aircraft with "windmills" on the front...

Comment

Post of the millennium! thank you so much this is fantastic to see I never get bored of BoB film shots
                                        SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                        TA out

Comment

Is this the Shuttleworth Hurricane? https://postimg.org/image/6ilmxv89u3/
                                          SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                          TA out

Comment

Working...
                                          X