Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fairey Barracuda Restoration

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairey Barracuda Restoration

The latest weekly update posted on Facebook this evening: https://www.facebook.com/FaireyBarracudaRestoration/
    The views I express are PURELY my own. Please respect that.

Nice one - great work and what has to be my favourite restoration. Can't wait to see it finished but am loving the nuts & bolts of the restoration. And those hiduminium rivets take me back a bit.

Comment

Its a good job talented people can bring back an aircraft from extinction and what a brilliant job they are doing .My father passed away this january ex RAF.He has a shed full of old bolts and nuts not necessarily to do with aircraft but the are old english makes in there .The only problem is its in Staffordshire quite a way from Yeovil.

Comment

I would suggest making contact with the restoration team - there are ways and means to get things moved.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	nuts.png
Views:	1
Size:	751.3 KB
ID:	3674936

Comment

Another weekly update posted on Facebook this morning.

For anyone visiting Air Day this year who might have a stash of aircraft AGS they would be willing to donate, please bring it along to the show where the progress will be on show to see.

Comment

Another weekly update with more progress. Tubular cockpit structure starting to take shape. All of this, and more, will be on display at the Yeovilton Air Day next month.

https://www.facebook.com/FaireyBarracudaRestoration/

Comment

Weekly update now uploaded to Facebook.

Comment

More excellent progress-good to see more parts going back on that firewall!
                  Armchair enthusiast, but also a fan of sofas and recliners.

Comment

Latest weekly update now uploaded to Facebook. The work to date will be on public display at the Yeovilton Air Day next Saturday (8th), so if anyone is attending please remember to pop by and have a look yourselves.

Comment

Congratulations on all that superb work you are doing. I know a Barracuda pilot who is very excited about your project and hoping he will still be with us when it's finished.

Comment

Hi Steve
                        Would love to know which Barracudas he piloted.
                        Cheers
                        Will.

Comment

Another few updates over on the Facebook page after a very successful opening for Yeovilton Air Day. Lots of visitors, lots of donations (thank you to all who gave generously), lots of interest and lots of support. Thank you one and all.

Comment

New update for Fairey Barracuda Restoration on Facebook.

Will.

Comment

The latest update and all previous updates can be found by following the link below.

Comment

Lee, I’m sure you’re aware of this but VTTS are clearing out their stores, we received some rivets from them recently- perhaps they have surplus fixings available? Worth an email? ATB TT
                                Our Beech 18 & T-6@www.beechrestorations.com
                                Visit Sywell Aviation Museum @
                                www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/museum.php
                                Sywell Airshow 17.8.2014

Comment

Thanks very much Lynx815, what a superb job you are all doing to bring a Barracuda back from the dead - well done!

Comment

Hi All,
                                    As always great work by those who restore the various aircraft in particular this being the Barracuda, always like reading the comments on their Facebook
                                    updates in particular funny ones, i.e. from April the 13th - A bonus was a display by the Sea Fury. The pistons and con rods managed to stay connected to the crankshaft so that was a second bonus....

Geoff.

Comment

The latest update has just been published.

https://www.facebook.com/FaireyBarra...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

Such an amazing job

Comment

Working...
                                        X