No 268 Squadron RAF 1940-1946

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Looking for information on No. 268 Squadron RAF during the period 1940 to 1946, especially photographs of squadron aircraft and personnel, plus contact with ex-members of 268 Squadron for personal reminisences.

Purpose is for research into Squadron history, with ultimate aim of writing a definite history of the Squadron.

Aircraft operated during period include Westland Lysanters, Curtiss Tomahawks, North American Mustangs Mks 1, 1A and II, Hawker Typhoon FR.1B, Supermarine Spitfire FR.XIVE, Supermarine Spitfire XIX, de Havilland Mosquito FB.VI.

Any assistance and information most welcome and appreciated.

Colin Ford
PO Box 501
Woden ACT 2606
Canberra, Australia

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: No 268 Squadron RAF 1940-1946

Colin

Please drop me a line on buznsue@dingoblue.net.au. I might be able to help a little with some of the tomahawk info

Buz

Member for

13 years 1 month

Identified Fl Lt B Thirtle as a pilot 43 - 45. He has passed on now, but I will speak with his daughter and ask if she is willing to allow some of his WW2 photos and info to be forwarded, if it is still needed

Member for

20 years 10 months

March 1943

We too have been looking at 268 Squadron - they were based at Bottisham March 1943 and we have been looking for photos of personnel or aircraft to display in our museum - can anyone help us???

Cheers
jason

Bottisham Airfield Museum
www.bottishamairfieldmuseum.org.uk

Member for

10 years

Fl Lt B Thirtle

Identified Fl Lt B Thirtle as a pilot 43 - 45. He has passed on now, but I will speak with his daughter and ask if she is willing to allow some of his WW2 photos and info to be forwarded, if it is still needed

I have a visitors book from 63 Squadron which contains Brian Thirtle's signature and a pasted-in photograph. I'd be happy to provide a scan of both.