I give up

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Dear all,
Have a look at Dave keys website www.home.clara.net/dak2/
and see if you can indentify the first aircraft in his quiz.
I am not trying to steal anyones thunder as i have already entered the quiz, however i am sure that i am completely off beat with answer 1.

Thanks
Phil

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: I give up

Philo - please don't give up ! The answer you are looking for is a Fleet 16 Finch. They were built with and without a canopy - the canopy is usually the giveaway !.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thanks David,
I know little if anything at all about this aircraft, please tell me more. Where is this resident? are the markings on it authentic?. I have been through my history of the RAF and can find no reference at all.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Philo - the Fleet Finch II was built in Canada by Fleet Aircraft
in the years 1939 to 41. It was built to the order of the RCAF (400) and used in the training of pilots. The Fleet design of biplanes originated with Maj Reuben Fleet who was the founder of Consolidated Aircraft in the U.S. A large number where built by the standards of the day before the production was tranfered to Canada as above. The are quite a few active in the States and elsewhere. From memory the is an airworthy example at Madrid and one in Paraguay which have been featured in FlyPast recently.