No announcement yet.

Seen On Ebay 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's a print/original of the photograph, and I'd guess the Ilyushin behind is the Interflug connection: Google Translate has the listing title as "Unicate Nude Picture 9x13 cm Modern Art "Ink" Model Interflug DDR Desau"
    "those who know keep quiet, and those who don't are frowned upon for asking." - snafu

Comment

I was monitoring a couple of mundane b/w images of a Spitfire SM299 and a Typhoon MN470 on display in central Brussels in 1945.

Both images had been crudely colourised with ink tints, a popular process of the period, and in my mind this devalued them.

This afternoon the Spitfire shot made a creditably 8.91 but the Typhoon shot went for an eye-watering 76.56.

Am I missing something?

Mark

"...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney"

Comment

To each their own I suppose.

The 'Oxford' piece misses one very important point. The Oxford airframe is wooden skinned, and that piece of fabric comes from an airframe with a framework structure. You can see the rib stitching on it. With the inspection panels on it, its likely from the underside of a rather more recent Tiger Moth...

Comment

>>>WW2 GERMAN AIRCRAFT SQUADRON BADGE<<<
          SMOKE SMOKE GO!
          TA out

Comment

After all the fake nonsense how about a nice genuine item. Have a look at this canopy;-

Any thoughts on what it's from?
            Last edited by Vega ECM; 13th October 2017, 23:31.

Comment

Master /Martinet

Comment

The part numbers appear to start '25' which make them Martinet, for some reason the small section is a cut down central fixed hood with the other either being a front or rear sliding hood.

Regards,

Tim

Comment

After all the fake nonsense how about a nice genuine item. Have a look at this canopy;-
                  Any thoughts on what it's from?

Can someone paste the full link in please ? I'm not an Ebay user and tried and failed just posting the reference number in !
                  Thanks

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW2-era-ai...UAAOSwa3ZZoxno

Different item number but presumably the parts in question.

Comment

Thanks tankbarrell , much appreciated .
                      It would appear to be a bargain at that price...unless others know differently ?

Comment

Lots of stuff on web site 'relics from the front' is this guy genuine or dubious histories?

Comment

Probably about right give or take! They seem to survive in reasonable numbers - I guess due to post war traders seeing their allotment potential !

Comment

2005burty
                            With Ebay there are some great genuine sellers but there are also the ones that give history to any old bit claiming it to be from this and that, do as much research as you can and provenance is key.
                            There are a lot on here who sell on ebay and from what I can see they are 100% genuine and have no reason to fake the representation, if in doubt do not purchase
                            SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                            TA out

Comment

Thanks guys its a minefield out there, I guess, but as you say research pays dividends thanks for your thoughts...

Comment

I am dubious about being a Ju88 part...
                                https://forum.keypublishing.com/show...49#post2400849

He111 maybe??
                                Do17 recovery fund
                                Since 2004 dedicated to researching Do-17, 1000+ period photos, manuals, history, technology to put aircraft in perspective.

Comment

Ju88 Tur

Flying Pencil- are you referring to the door that I thought may be Ju 88?

If so happy to be corrected as without seeing it - it was closest guess - not many good books on He111...

it was a guess that it was Ju88 based on the attached images.

Original listing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airplane-L...vip=true&rt=nc
                                  Attached Files
                                  Kind Regards,

Brian

Comment

Oh, that DOES look intriguing!
                                    There is a square opening at back of He111 too (looking for image).

The existence of the lock built into it really makes me wonder. That is highly unusual, and it looks original to part.
                                    Do17 recovery fund
                                    Since 2004 dedicated to researching Do-17, 1000+ period photos, manuals, history, technology to put aircraft in perspective.

Comment

Vampire T22 ;
                                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/De-Havill...&ul_noapp=true

I'm pretty sure this is a repeat advert ? A great shame but needs must.....

Comment

Once in while, about 1 every year, can find a real gem on eBay!

Note sure if obvious by now to all, but I am on hunt for Do 17 images, but eyes out for parts.
                                        Happened to come across this a month back.
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	full view front rotate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	626.1 KB
ID:	3677357

Funny I did not jump on it right away even though I instantly recognized it, but was not long before I was making plans!

To be positive I did my research to confirm what it was, here are images from manual.

Name:	In storage.png
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	3677359Click image for larger version

Name:	in position.png
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	3677360

And saw these in Cosford Do 17,

Name:	Do17 Cosford Michael J Gething .jpg
Size:	316.4 KB
ID:	3677363

Name:	dornier-17-cosford-preservation_10.jpg
Size:	602.1 KB
ID:	3677361

and after restoration (my image of display case in Hendon, 2014)

Name:	Hendon case bomb brace.jpg
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	3677362

I have looked and though about all other LW aircraft, and no other used this same brace. This is exclusively a Do 17 part.

Oh, wonder where?
                                        The seller reported it was found at Gumrak, close to Volgograd.
                                        Previously called Stalingrad.

While the RAFM piece looks good, note the end pieces, the knob and bearing are gone.
                                        I plan to clean up mine, maybe use "dry ice" method posted in other thread. Goal to get brace screw adjusters working.

PS: will post image of it in my hands soon(tm)
                                        Ok, this is it!

Name:	brace 4682JFK.JPG
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	3677597

(should I start a new thread?)
                                        Last edited by Flying_Pencil; 16th November 2017, 17:54.
                                        Do17 recovery fund

Comment

Nice find - well done!

Rob
                                          Facebook page
                                          https://www.facebook.com/Westland.Wy...tif_t=page_fan

Comment

Working...
                                          X