Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duxford Diary (2017)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce
    started a topic Duxford Diary (2017)

Duxford Diary (2017)

Time to do our traditional bit of first footing. Here is the new thread for 2017, which neatly follows on from this one:

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showt...d-Diary-(2016)

Happy New Year to you all

Bruce

• Moggy C
    replied
    And let's look forward to a great 2018

Clunk.

Leave a comment:

• Hooligan
    replied
    And from me who usually only gets there for Legends. Happy New Year and glass raised for a productive and safe 2018.

Leave a comment:

• bradleygolding
    replied
    A big thanks to all of you, from all of us who reside overseas.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• DazDaMan
    replied
    Yep, a big thanks from me for all the contributions this year. As always, it's been great.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce
    replied
    Big thanks to all the contributors to the thread, and of course everyone at Duxford who makes this thread possible. It will remain open for a couple of days for comments similar to the last few, but all new information and photos into the new thread please.

Leave a comment:

• pimpernel
    replied
    A big thank you to all the contributors to the Duxford thread. Your photos have been brilliant and if it was not for these, we would not have been kept up to date with things.

I am along with others looking forward to seeing the daily updates during 2018.

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year.

Brian.

Leave a comment:

• ozplane
    replied
    Nicely put David and a lovely photograph to round off the year. Let's hope it's not prophetic in the sense that the airliners are not moving off into the sunset.

Leave a comment:

• GliderSpit
    replied
    Thanks everybody. Best wishes for 2018!

Leave a comment:

• DCW
    replied
    As the New Year approaches, it's time to roll the credits for the 2017 Duxford Diary.
    All of the regular contributors owe much to the assistance and tolerance of the staff and volunteers on a daily basis, our thanks to one and all.
    With the changes to the IWM Friends organisation, I would like to add my personal thanks to the volunteers on the admission desk who have signed me in over the years.
    Thanks also for the many positive comments on this thread, all feedback remains welcome.
    Best wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year !

Leave a comment:

• ozplane
    replied
    And Airspace has had a lot of work done to it's roof recently.

Leave a comment:

• SADSACK
    replied
    It does not say much for construction,that one of the newest buildings is leaking yet the originals, unused for over 50 years are doing well.

Leave a comment:

• ozplane
    replied
    Couldn't agree more Chris but apparently the "tableaux" idea is "passe" (getting very French here) and so the LWH has had it's day. The contents will then be spread amongst the rest of the exhibits. I suppose the argument is that it's a branch of the Imperial WAR Museum, not just an air museum. In addition the LWH is apparently very leaky and is difficult to make waterproof.

Leave a comment:

• DragonRapide
    replied
    I had rather hoped the talk of Land Warfare's demise would come to nothing. When I first worked for the museum, the artillery pieces were in what is now the main restaurant and the other vehicles were scattered around the hangars. Sometimes they were displayed alongside something appropriate. The tableaux in the Land Warfare Hall seemed a huge move forwards in terms of display and interpretation; some updating would not go amiss, but the concept is still valid in my opinion. I hope we are not turning the clock back....

Leave a comment:

• ozplane
    replied
    Good name for a shed.

Leave a comment:

• Pen Pusher
    replied
    The 'shed' is the Large Objects Collections and Care Hub. Conservation moving out of Hanger 5 and into there.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• ozplane
    replied
    Part of the plan for the redevelopment of the Land Warfare area.

Leave a comment:

• Rob68
    replied
    What new shed?

Leave a comment:

• Wyvernfan
    replied
    As much as I admire and love Concorde, from a display and preservation point of view I think it would be far better displayed outside along with the Brittania, VC-10 and Trident - with the sole remaining Centaurus Ambassador plus the Dart Viscount going indoors, showing a nice progression from piston to turboprop power plants on airliners.

Just my two-penneth.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• L4x2
    replied
    there are only 4 complete hastings existing - not sure that makes it insignificant.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
X