X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder what grounded the Apache

Comment

Not the first time an Apache has had a problem at Duxford.
      Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

Hopefully the Apache left with a suitable DX zap sticker somewhere on it
        If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Comment

Hmmm, zapping aircraft would probably be frowned on by DurManageMent...

But just in case someone did sneak one in...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DuXsnaparazzi.png
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	3677569
          Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Comment

North side viewing area? My compass must be *** backwards! Mind you, I did see someone with a long lens on Sunday(12/11/17) trying to count them all!!!

Comment

North side viewing area? My compass must be *** backwards! Mind you, I did see someone on Sunday(12/11/17) with a long lens, trying to count them all

Comment

Who was flying the Fury?

Comment

Paul Bonhomme
                  " Radial engines don't drip oil, they mark their territory"

Flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/8674planes

Comment

Duxford Friday 17th November:

The Whistlin' Spit was flying today:

A visiting Yak 18T:

20,000 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwhitworth/

Comment

Duxford Monday 20th November:

Mabel (Spitfire Vc G-IBSY / EE602) arrived at Duxford early this morning for a short stay:

Many thanks to RG for the close look at a fabulous machine.
                      20,000 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwhitworth/

Comment

That's a gorgeous Spitfire.
                        Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Great picture of the Mk1 Spitfire.I was up at Duxford in the summer with my son and heard it then, when it was flying. Did P9374 or X4650 make the same whistle do you know?

Comment

P9374 and X4650 don`t make the same whistling sound because their rear view mirrors are not shrouded like what N3200`s is.

Comment

EE602 is now owned by the same people that own SR661 and Miss Velma so may become a regular visitor

Comment

Right thanks One of the Few, so it’s the rear view mirror, I didn’t realise that.

Comment

If you watch Guy Martin's Spitfire, you'll hear the whistle very clearly during the fly-by sequences.
                                  Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

I'm with Daz: Mabel's gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing the photos!
                                    "those who know keep quiet, and those who don't are frowned upon for asking." - snafu

Comment

mabel is a beautiful aircraft. Im glad its been bought by anglia aircraft restorations since it didn't seem to get out much before. Im local to BH and the only spitfires I see flying regularly from there are MJ627 and MT818. Now if only EP122 would move to Duxford as well...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	heathrow dux.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	565.2 KB
ID:	3677694

Anyone recognise this? (From the Heathrow Christmas advert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cheo1P22cUU )

Give you a clue - AirSpace

Comment

Do you mean the BEA Bedford HA 110 van?
                                          A Little VC10derness - A Tribute to the Vickers VC10 - www.VC10.net

Comment

Working...
                                          X