This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeepman
    I seem to recall that Leslie Hunt's Veteran and Vintage Aircraft from the mid 1970s,
    I too thought that, but searching all volumes does no locate it.

I wonder if it was in one of Les's regular contributions in Control Column magazine post the Fourth revised edition of V & V.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark12; 24th July 2017, 20:22.
    "...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney"

Comment

Could have sworn it was in the edition with the Lancaster on the front. That's the only copy I have and I never obtained copies of CC. I must have read it somewhere.....
      JM

Comment

Andy and Robbo,

Many thanks for the added details.

Tim
        "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."(Mary Baker Eddy)

Comment

Visited a damp and murky Duxford yesterday Monday 24th July. No flying and no movements, but noticed this BN Tri lander.
          I know Aurigny are phasing them out, so could this have arrived for preservation and when did it arrive.
          The Blenheim was being towed to the ARCO Hanger.
          Just thought I would share some of the other photos round the hangers with you.
          The Cat I saw passing close to Wellesbourne on Friday in and out of the murk heading North West. Guess he was heading for Ireland as there were a couple of displays there. Pity he didn't call up Wellesbourne radio as Jonathan in the tower would have probably asked him for a fly by as we wasn't very busy.

Last edited by Elmdon Boy; 25th July 2017, 03:23.

Comment

Yes indeed - the Trilander is joining the DAS fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Elmdon Boy
              ...noticed this BN Tri lander.
              I know Aurigny are phasing them out, so could this have arrived for preservation and when did it arrive.
              http://das.org.uk/duxford-aviation-s...-its-new-baby/
              Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Comment

Is 'Miss Velma' hidden away out of sight? Surprised I haven't seen any more photos of her .

Comment

Thanks for posting the link Bob.
                  It was great to read of the illustrious history of Britten-Norman.
                  I was delighted to see the Trislander appearing in Duxford photos as I have had a great liking for the design for many years. I built an 80" span model of G-JOEY back in 2001 when Aurigny had just changed their livery. I built mine in the earlier livery pictured in the linked DAS article. I believe it is still flying in other hands.
                  Attached Files
                  Nice try, but no cigar!

Comment

Duxford Tuesday 25th July:

There were some movements on the Western apron this morning, Trislander Victor Tango is now parked next to Britannia Victor Tango:

The VC-10 has been moved out from the line-up for a filming session:

20,000 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwhitworth/

Comment

Nice to see a Trislander in the Duxford collection!
                      I remember seeing the prototype Trislander G-ATWU, constructed from the second Islander prototype, at Bembridge in September 1970.

Jur

Comment

A couple more from yesterday. Spot which one is the crude fake !

20,000 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwhitworth/

Comment

Mmmmmm.... I'd say the first one. Wrong shade of yellow on the towing rig ?
                          Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

Nah, it's the Herald - obviously a Photoshopped-in plastic model
                            Armchair enthusiast, but also a fan of sofas and recliners.

Comment

I can see the Daily Fail headline if they pick up on this "Pilotless airliner scare near London" :-o
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."(Mary Baker Eddy)

Comment

A slightly damp filming day - filming from the VC10, the BEA marked Trident was being used as a background (I could have sworn it was the Viscount…) and period support vehicles were in motion around the 'set' on the "ACTION" command…

I think Roger De Courcey has left Nookie on the apron...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DX filming.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	551.0 KB
ID:	3676037
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Bob; 27th July 2017, 12:16.
                                Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Comment

A few more from today once the sun finally appeared.

Duxford 26/7/17 by AJCDuxman, on Flickr

Duxman

Flikr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/64209520@N05/

Comment

Blimey where did that BEA coach come from.?..... its looks amazing!

Rob
                                    Facebook page
                                    https://www.facebook.com/Westland.Wy...tif_t=page_fan

Comment

I've seen it at Brooklands, although I'm not sure that it lives there. I know the other two vehicles do so it wouldn't surprise me.
                                      A Little VC10derness - A Tribute to the Vickers VC10 - www.VC10.net

Comment

Looks like one, Maybe two Engines missing from the VC10, Anyone know why?

Comment

BEA coach is from Brooklands.
                                          http://www.londonbusmuseum.com/museu...h-4rf4-mll740/

Comment

Working...
                                          X