Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duxford Diary (2017)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QldSpitty
    Rank 5 Registered User

How long till someones over there with a metal detector?
    "If the C.O. ask's you to be Tail End Charlie...just shoot him!!!....A Piece of Cake.
    http://spitfirea58-27.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

• hampden98
      Rank 5 Registered User

Anyone know why the Me109-E didn't display?
      She was obviously expected as the programme clearly shows her as (potentially) attending.

Comment

• WE724
        Rank 5 Registered User

TF now on the back of a truck waiting for the A505 to be closed for its journey back into the airfield

Comment

• Archer
          Innocent bystander

Originally posted by ~Alan~
          In the last one, it looks as if he's on the phone to his insurance company
          The wise thing to do in such a situation is to phone your better half. Don't start with 'I've just crashed' but talk about some irrelevant subject and make sure she remembers the time...
          A Little VC10derness - A Tribute to the Vickers VC10 - www.VC10.net

Comment

• David Burke
            Rank 5 Registered User

He /she has probably already been linked in to the pictures on social media and a phone tracker will show you in a field close to Duxford!

Comment

• Firebird
              Avons with attitude

He /she has probably already been linked in to the pictures on social media and a phone tracker will show you in a field close to Duxford!
              It was probably the quick call or voice mail to say 'I'm OK ignore any media reports you see/hear!'

Probably best to do a quick selfie next to the a/c in the field showing you are OK and send that!
              I was with it all the way until letting the brakes off..........

Comment

• ~Alan~
                Rank 5 Registered User

My comment about the pilot phoning his insurance company, was meant tongue in cheek

Someone mentioned the naughty field. This was from Friday on the south side, so no restrictions, even so.....

Last edited by ~Alan~; 10th July 2017, 14:49.
                Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

• Bob
                  Bob
                  Aerophile

Perhaps, as there was no air show on Friday, no restrictions to traffic or access were in place on Grange Road?
                  Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Comment

• ~Alan~
                    Rank 5 Registered User

Yes that's what I thought.
                    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

• timuss
                      Rank 5 Registered User

The Biggin 109 is not ready as yet engine issues grounding her at the moment. The Flying Legends team certainly kept her addition quiet still maybe next year.

Comment

• ZRX61
                        Rank 5 Registered User

There's a thread on the WIX FB group about this that is hilarious. One guy is claiming to know everything because "I know a hell of a lot more than you. I can get on the sim and copy every little thing that happened. I specialize in this." He's also posted a damage assessment of what needs replacing & says it probably won't fly again....
                        Amazing insight from his mothers basement...
                        If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Comment

• DCW
                          DCW
                          David Whitworth

Duxford Monday 10th July:

Today's surprise event was a flypast from the USAF Thunderbirds

I've 'borrowed' this pic from their Facebook page showing the event from a different angle ( Many thanks to Bomberflight for the link). That's me, third from the left at Gate 'C':

20,000 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwhitworth/

Comment

• Roobarb
                            Rank 5 Registered User

Typical! Area 51 has been removed by the censor. It's a conspiracy...

Comment

• Rocketeer
                              Left to do other things

Wonderful!
                              Tony Dyer
                              https://www.facebook.com/TheAirDefen...homepage_panel

Comment

• 92fis
                                Rank 5 Registered User

As the pilot was unharmed I'll post some shots of Miss Velma. I hoped that he would make it back on to the airfield but it looked like he made the right decision. I must admit I feared the worst when it was happening but it was a relief to hear he'd made it down in the field and was out walking around. Here are some from my viewpoint.

Comment

• Black Knight
                                  Rank 5 Registered User

Why was TFC's Gladiator absent?

Comment

• timuss
                                    Rank 5 Registered User

Broken i believe at Ferte Alais in France.

Comment

• CADman
                                      Rank 5 Registered User

Anybody know who was piloting Miss Velma ?

Comment

• DCW
                                        DCW
                                        David Whitworth

Duxford Monday 10th July (Part 1):

Some Legends stragglers were departing this morning, C-53D LN-WND was waiting for passengers for the return flight to Norway:

Some antique gems returned home, Travel Air 4000 NC9048 and Ryan SCW-145 VH-SCW:

Seafire III PP972 returned to Sywell, and Spitfire RR232 went home to Goodwood, though not before a sortie with 'Miss Helen' and a practice display:

There was plenty of Mustang flying today, both 'Miss Helen' and G-SHWN/KH774 were out for exercise:

The DAS Trislander is back on the Eastern apron, while Classic Wings are in Hangar 3 for a while::

Duxford's latest resident, Hurricane G-ROBT/P2902 was one of several machines moved pending the return of 'Miss Velma'

Comment

• DCW
                                          DCW
                                          David Whitworth

Duxford Monday 10th July (Part 2):

'Miss Velma' came into sight just after 1500, but it took 3 hours to get to Hangar 2.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X