SPOTTED (2017),What Have You Seen?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 10 months

After 393 SPOTS and just shy of 40k views on the 2016 SPOTTED thread its time to get the 2017 ready to go.
Last year I had the first spot of the year on the 1st Jan 2016 hopefully we may have an early out and abouter early on

Thank you to all operators who maintain these precious objects for us to look skyward sometimes alerted by the sound before actually seeing the example of what is attached to the noise.
Happy & safe 2017 one and all.

Original post

Member for

17 years 10 months

And of course SPOTTED 2017

Member for

24 years 2 months

Red Pitts type biplane, routing SSE, passing overhead Gunby Hall and Gardens, E. Lincs 12:33pm.

Clive.

Member for

9 years 4 months

Possibly Lauren Richardson, she's been airborne this afternoon.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Or possibly Alan Bales who has apparently picked up his new Pitts from Lincolnshire today and flown it back to Norfolk. I believe it's G-BRAA

Member for

20 years

Just seen 4 Chinooks in trail at low level turning East near Biggleswade. Flypast at Duxford perhaps?

Member for

19 years

Just seen 4 Chinooks in trail at low level turning East near Biggleswade. Flypast at Duxford perhaps?

At least 3 of them flew past Duxford ( one with a yellow tail )

Duxman

Member for

24 years 2 months

A400 spotted out to the NW as viewed from Gunby, E. Lincs, 1:37pm. Low level, from the South West turning onto North West as if to track the Bluestone Heath Road.

Historic...from the point of view that it was the first time I have seen and heard one at low level. :)

Clive.

Member for

14 years 6 months

Whoopee off and spotting now, seeing a Chipmunk over Thame, Oxon this afternoon. Look forward to seeing more as the year goes on.

Member for

20 years

Spitfire over Harlow , Essex on track for North Weald today (Sat) lunchtime

Member for

17 years 10 months

Royal Navy Historic Flight De Havilland DHC-1 Chipmunk WK608 Just heading over Glastobury

Member for

24 years 2 months

Tucano heard in the distance to the South then seen low and fast over the Gunby Hall Gardens, E. Lincs 1:31pm yesterday routing NW. :)
Historic as it's 25 years since I saw one for the first time on the same routing.

Clive.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Today whilst in Eastleigh at 13.40 G-JECH flew over on finals to Southampton Airport at about 4-500ft.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Flybe-British-European/Bombardier-DHC-8-402-Q400/1566459?qsp=eJwtjDEOAjEMBP/iGgqERHEdfAAKPmDZq%2BPgIJFtCaLT/Z0k0M3OSrOQpFfgE9eSQQM52ORGG8ps/HQaFnqgvJNpZRq3d/TXk8WpVKMcOIogB/Tvz6awdsGlh8YW3jWEXX5rf6hTJ88z9wqCp5nW9Qub%2BC8N

Member for

14 years

Unusual to see a pair of Tucanos in formation on Sunday, on approach to 05 at Southend around mid-day.
Weather was very gloomy, so maybe they had been diverted ?

Member for

18 years 10 months

B2 yesterday (twice), U2 today.

Member for

19 years 5 months

USAF UH-1N Twin Huey, one of the oldest (circa 1970) helicopters in U.S. military service.

With the cloudy winter weather here, it's rare to see any type, so even though I've seen them many times before, today's sighting was a major event!

Member for

17 years 10 months

Merlin sound possibly Hurricane in the clag over Hanningfield Reservoir way South by about 5 miles of me today around 14.30 1530 ish

Member for

11 years 4 months

Peter Teichmans Spitfire XI did a lovely turn past Chelmsford*Galleywood earlier, made my day.

Member for

20 years

The first Spit of the year ( for me) over Chesham 16.00, heading east . Blue with stripes.

Member for

8 years 3 months

Spitfire w/invasion stripes over Sevenoaks before midday, it was only a brief glimpse between the roof tops so couldn't tell if it was a single or two seater, but it looked like it may have had the later type fin.

Edit. Just looked it up on FR24's playback function, it was TE184 G-MXVI, a rare sight!

Member for

10 years 6 months

Saw a chipmunk over Newark Air Museum yesterday 18th February about mid afternoon in the red white and grey scheme he was throwing it around about, oooh the lucky devil