No announcement yet.

SPOTTED (2017),What Have You Seen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spitfire LF.IX. G-CICK / NH341. from DX in the clag over the A12 heading to Southend Headcorn, not a nice day to be flying here in essex
    SMOKE SMOKE GO!
    TA out

Comment

Ah, I wondered what it was, I only caught a brief glimpse as it flew directly over head me at Rayleigh Weir. Heading South
      Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

I take it the cloud base is a little higher than here, only about 800 ft at mo Fairsted
        SMOKE SMOKE GO!
        TA out

Comment

P51 in the distance heading E to W towards North Weald? around 5 mins ago just south of Chelmsford City
          SMOKE SMOKE GO!
          TA out

Comment

North American AT-6D Harvard III G-TDJN over Moreton in Marsh
            SMOKE SMOKE GO!
            TA out

Comment

Spitfire PS915 / BBMF over Oxford
              SMOKE SMOKE GO!
              TA out

Comment

Last Wednesday when I visited Tangmere I was treated to a flypast by a pair of Mustangs and today when I visited I saw a Spitfire flypast. Unfortunately it was a fraction too far away to tell if it was a single seat or the TR9 from Goodwood.
                If you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much space!

Comment

On Sunday lucky enough to see Peter Teichman's P51 over LIttle Missenden, and a Huey in the distance as well.

Adrian
                  "Snow clearing equipment has been found under snowdrift" - message sent from RNAS Hatston, Orkney, 1944.

Comment

Spitfire LF.IX. G-CICK / NH341. from DX to Headcorn just over the A12 N to S
                    SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                    TA out

Comment

Stearman doing aeros over the A12 Boreham Essex as I type
                      SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                      TA out

Comment

2 seat Spitfire G-AIDN up and about over North Kent
                        SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                        TA out

Comment

Spent the afternoon at a vintage auto auction west of the city so plenty of a.c. were about.
                          The EAA B-17G inbound to Felts Field for a ride tour weekend, KC-135Rs C-130 (to far to see model) and UH-1N Twin Huey all inbound to Fairchild Air Force Base...civil aircraft included an old Sweringen Metrroliner, now used as a express package courier and several freighter Cessna 208 Caravans...while still in production the type is now getting "historic" in age.
                          There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

Huey out near Oxford getting a regular sighting, still great sound.

Comment

Yak-52 over near Thame, before the rain really started.

Comment

9.35 this morning a Chipmunk straight over our house, nice day to go cloud chasing.

Comment

Spitfire parked (taxied and flew away but back later I am told) at Blackbush.

Apparently this is the one that did Kate M's wedding. Would this have been flying over Worthing on Saturday (Spitfire also spotted over Worthing around 12:30pm).
                                  Is this a Bulldog?
                                  Last edited by hampden98; 21st May 2017, 16:32.

Comment

Piper Aztec orbiting south of Croydon. Fairly rare these days I think.

Comment

This afternoon at 1610 whilst delivering to Heliwork on Thruxton airfield a Western Air Piper PA-28-161 Warrior II G-CEJD taxied in only 50 metres away. I also saw a Bulldog parked up with the light blue fuselage band and it's rudder painted red, white and blue and a few metres away was a gloss black Gazelle.
                                      If you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much space!

Comment

Spitfire out of Biggin Hill at 6pm - first warbird of the year!

Comment

Spitfire LF 9 E NH341. G-CICK, Just flown over the white cliffs so I am told via text
                                          SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                          TA out

Comment

Working...
                                          X