No announcement yet.

SPOTTED (2017),What Have You Seen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today, gazing to the skies from my work in the Gunby Hall Gardens, E. Lincs. BBMF Chipmunk sighted a couple of times, Osprey seen running out towards the coast and my first ever sighting of a Rivet Joint looking like heading for Waddington from across the Wash.

Clive.

Comment

This afternoon spotted a very bright yellow open cockpit autogyro, nicely low and slow, passing immediately North of Gunby Hall Gardens, E. Lincs and climbing slightly as routed away West.

I did wave

Clive.

Comment

Two Apaches over Radcliffe heading in direction of City Airport (Salford).

Comment

An Extra doing aerobatics about a mile ENE of my home.
          He practices regularly over the sparsely populated foothills of the mountain.
          I usually hear him more than see him.
          There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

At about lunch time today I saw a helicopter flying over Reading that I'm sure was a Russian Mil 8/17, can anybody confirm or deny?
            If you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much space!

Comment

Stearman just E of Boreham disused doing steep turns as I type
              SMOKE SMOKE GO!
              TA out

Comment

Tucano pair nicely low and fast, over Gunby Hall Gardens, E. Lincs 1:08pm routing NNW with a single Tucano, same route, 1:38pm.

Clive.

Comment

Saw 3 low passes by an RAF Hercules yesterday while on the Pennine Way in the Kirklees and Saddleworth area.

Comment

Spotted a Spitfire, same level, about 800 yards in our 9 o'clock whilst transiting westbound between Duxford and Cambridge 11:10 local.

Moggy
                    "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

Cub flying with a de Havilland moth type puss or leopard or similar don't know over Thame this afternoon. Tiger moth later in the afternoon what a great day to be flying in a tail-dragger.

Comment

BBMF Chipmunk spotted over Gunby Hall Gardens, E. Lincs 4:09pm routing in a Coningsby direction.

Clive.

Comment

Perhaps not Historic, but certainly unusual in these parts.... Spotted a Cessna Citation?, reasonably low level passing Gunby Hall Gardens E. Lincs 5:23pm routing due East towards the coast.

Clive.

Comment

In the distance what looks like a 2 seat Spit heading S over the old Boreham disused airfield near Chelmsford, to Biggin, Goodwood?
                            SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                            TA out

Comment

Originally posted by Trolly Aux View Post
                              In the distance what looks like a 2 seat Spit heading S over the old Boreham disused airfield near Chelmsford, to Biggin, Goodwood?
                              NH341 / G-CICK routing DX to Headcorn

Duxman

Comment

Thank you Duxman, at least I have now seen NH431 in the air !
                                SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                TA out

Comment

Over the last week I have been holidaying in Lincs and Yorkshire and have seen F16s, Typhoons and various civvie aircraft flying around. It makes a change from the usual and Alpha Jets, Hawks and AAC helicopters seen here on the Plain.
                                  If you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much space!

Comment

Stearman doing aeros over the A12 Boreham Essex then departed to the East followed by what looked like a Tucano heading west at a rate of knots towards North Weald ?
                                    SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                    TA out

Comment

Two warbird type aircraft over Welwyn G.C. at 1710hrs this afternoon. Didn't catch them in time, they were receding fast into the distance, heading due West. Presumably out of Duxford, did anyone else see them? and where were they heading at that time of day?
                                      By the way, ZRX61, the whole point about a B2 is that you're not supposed to see it......
                                      plain old vanilla

Comment

Catalina currently to the North West of Girton (Cambridge) brightening up my day at work...
                                        www.hardwickwarbirds.com

Comment

Air Atlantic De Havilland DH 104 Dove 8 G-DHDV just on the South Coast betwixt Bexhill and Hastings
                                          SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                          TA out

Comment

Working...
                                          X