Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DH Mosquito FB.VI PZ474 At Avspecs

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avro Avian
    Rank 5 Registered User

I was very fortunate to be allowed to view the Mosquito PZ474 last week. No photos, I'm afraid, but all will be revealed soon enough. The rocket rails were in the process of being fitted, complete with wiring to look the part. I love the attention to detail on the aeroplane and the Avspecs team can, quite rightly, be very proud of what they have achieved.
    I was also able to view the P-39 Airacobra at Pioneer Aero and that is coming along nicely as well. There is a bit of friendly rivalry between the two companies over who gets to run and fly their latest project first.

Comment

• Oxcart
      Rank 5 Registered User

Did u happen to see any large chunks of Hornet while u were at Pioneer, Avro Avian??
      Give a man a fish and eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod and he'll eat for a lifetime. Give a man religion and he'll die praying for a fish!

Comment

• Tin Triangle
        Bright Young Thing

Hmmm rockets and D-day stripes. Hopefully a fine Coastal Command scheme!
        Armchair enthusiast, but also a fan of sofas and recliners.

Comment

• ErrolC
          Rank 5 Registered User

Hornets at Pioneer
          https://flic.kr/p/CsUftZ
          Hopefully I get to look in the Pioneer hangar again in a few weeks too (Wings Over NZ Xmas Meetup next door on the 8th). Given the P-40 projects and Kingfisher in there, no room for large bit of anything!

Comment

• Forestfan
            Rank 5 Registered User

Video of PZ on Avspecs Facebook page, looks like a Banff wing bird....sorry, too dense to get a link to work!

Comment

• Lysanderlover
              Rank 5 Registered User

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs/vid...57248/?__xts__[0]=68.ARAYKSLnJXnkv5M0INp6Ap3Yk63Le5w0ZB2kTvG1O0L7D6 J9UUnf4WTwldcIl8xaL_xYnfVqh_BuvNX0go5ijvaFMwOZtpys dcV5DESU2ek-HY5buleFBZ1at9qg_ANblUBwlZH5B_JkYdf4N0aBJHZif0GCHB yvYcmzzL-585X5UNKNxmLK_mb3HEAelimVmxmMD5gwvlEhmhwaD_FR1YwuO QMK9tG5iXOvq4EWEb10Gu_uL7fDV1vF0QmXo7g3hvKyAeYggaX IGzafPqWxGOoGlrjtdhLt-gLin0_Mn9uP9ohH-rkGEAoBgfwn-JlZWCzhr2GZop15gRwWdj_ZeRy9IkKN&__tn__=H-R

Comment

• K5054NZ
                Rank 5 Registered User

For those unable to view the video, here are a couple of screenshots taken on my phone (apologies for the quality). She looks spectacular! I've seen one suggestion these are 235 Sqn colours.

Untitled by Zac Yates, on Flickr
                "those who know keep quiet, and those who don't are frowned upon for asking." - snafu

Comment

• Steve Bond
                  Rank 5 Registered User

Fabulous! Well done yet again Avspecs.

Comment

• Seafuryfan
                    Rank 5 Registered User

Oh...my...word...! Coastal Command, with rockets and D-Day stripes....maybe there is a higher power.

Of course there is, its called Avspecs Ltd.

Comment

• 1batfastard
                      Rank 5 Registered User

Hi All,
                      I just watched the video via they're faceache page before coming on the forum excellent work by all involved and what a fantastic paint scheme, congratulations to all involved first flight is beckoning.......

Forestfan / Lysanderlover / K5054 thanks for the update pic's and video link, hope you don't mind my putting the video direct for others.....

Geoff.

Comment

• K5054NZ
                        Rank 5 Registered User

Not at all Geoff, everyone deserves to see and hear it! Incredible she has her own engines.
                        "those who know keep quiet, and those who don't are frowned upon for asking." - snafu

Comment

• DH82EH
                          Rank 5 Registered User

Really fantastic.
                          As I was watching the beginning of this I thought "I wonder if Avspecs is getting sick of doing Mosquitos?"
                          Then I thought "No, they're probably just tired, of them all going to the U.S".

Andy

Comment

• ErrolC
                            Rank 5 Registered User

For a change, the next one is going to the UK!

Comment

• Tin Triangle
                              Bright Young Thing

Wonderful! Coastal scheme is spot on, or at least it will be when it's a bit more weathered and stained
                              Hats off to them, they've not only turned out three Mossies but managed to represent most of the schemes the fighter-bomber types wore - just need the SEAC and post-war versions now!
                              Armchair enthusiast, but also a fan of sofas and recliners.

Comment

• DazDaMan
                                Rank 5 Registered User

Looks awesome!
                                Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• Ant.H
                                  Rank 5 Registered User

Great to see and hear another Mossie come back to life, complete with rocket rails! As others have said, it's great that so much "ground" has been covered with only three restorations (FB, NF and now Coastal).
                                  "Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease." Sergei Sikorsky

Comment

• KurtB
                                    Rank 3 Registered User

Wow! That is stunning...

Comment

• ErrolC
                                      Rank 5 Registered User

Hats off to them, they've not only turned out three Mossies but managed to represent most of the schemes the fighter-bomber types wore - just need the SEAC and post-war versions now!
                                      Well the second was in a postwar scheme briefly, just not an RAF one...
                                      I'm glad it isn't in one of the CC schemes with all the letters ahead of the roundels, they look odd!

Comment

• Hooligan
                                        Rank 4 Registered User

Absolute magic! I look forward to seeing "ours" in due course; and I hope that wherever the Hornet's ultimate home may be, she will be able to visit the UK at some stage...

Comment

• ErrolC
                                          Rank 5 Registered User

Nice new set with a taxy, and rockets fitted
                                          https://mrcaviation.blogspot.com/201...pdated-16.html

Edit: and link to a TV clip, not sure if it is available outside NZ
                                          https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/seven-s...kland-airfield
                                          Last edited by ErrolC; 16th November 2018, 09:49.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X