24 years 2 months

On Platinum Fighters: -

http://www.platinumfighters.com/yak3m

Cheers

Paul

Original post

Member for

16 years 5 months

For a high performance WWII fighter that seems a bargain!

Rob

Member for

17 years 11 months

For a high performance WWII fighter that seems a bargain!

Built in 1994 ...

Member for

16 years 5 months

Same as most Spitfires then.

Rob

Member for

20 years

I wonder if the decision to dispose of the aeroplane is related to the scare at the Little Gransden display, probably the worst ' moment' of the UK airshow season,
and according to those who saw it, a very close call indeed.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I wonder if the decision to dispose of the aeroplane is related to the scare at the Little Gransden display, probably the worst ' moment' of the UK airshow season,
and according to those who saw it, a very close call indeed.

I wondered that myself, but then of course, we are purely speculating!

It may well of been the owners plan to put the aircraft up for sale at the close of the UK display season, or indeed some other time in the near future, but that again it is pure speculation.

Whatever the reasons, it's been a nice addition to the UK airshow scene (always liked the authentic colour scheme), even though I've only seen it display a couple of times.

Cheers

Paul

Member for

19 years

The Yak is up flying at Duxford at the moment.

Brian

Member for

19 years 7 months

So what was this Little Gransden thing?

T J

Profile picture for user Southern Air99

Member for

8 years 10 months

And I see a RC Extra 330SC caught fire. That must've been spectacular!

Member for

9 years 4 months

Amongst the complaints about the marshalls a few people have put stuff on here about it http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=72868

Seriously?

Led to believe the Yak-3 came within inches of smacking it, not sure whether the pilot was boll*cked but it flew again at Duxford a couple of weeks later!

Member for

7 years 6 months

I hope it does not go abroad. A great looking aircraft which I had a chance to take some pictures of recently.

http://www.britmodeller.com/walkarounds/aircraft/yak-3/y340.JPG

Member for

7 years 6 months

Passing this aircraft today and its being dismantled as has been sold to the US.

Member for

19 years 7 months

So how many Yak-3/9s do fly in the UK now?

T J

Member for

13 years 10 months

Anyone happen to know the status/outlook for the Yak-3 G-CDBJ? It's the only one besides G-OLEG on the UK registry, but was damaged in a landing accident 11 years ago. Last I heard was that it was undergoing repairs, but I don't recall seeing anything of the aircraft since 2008 when it was still flying.

Member for

16 years 11 months

Anyone happen to know the status/outlook for the Yak-3 G-CDBJ? It's the only one besides G-OLEG on the UK registry, but was damaged in a landing accident 11 years ago. Last I heard was that it was undergoing repairs, but I don't recall seeing anything of the aircraft since 2008 when it was still flying.

I always understood it to be at Pent Farm but as it didn't get back to flying soon, imagined it would become increasingly less likely to. I'm somewhat perturbed to see the owner listed as 'deceased' on G-INFO, I vaguely knew him some years ago.

Not heard anything, would have thought him well enough known to have raised some comment on here, Flyer or PPRuNe... I occasionally bump into someone locally who would know, if I see him over the weekend I'll ask.

Member for

19 years 7 months

I always understood it to be at Pent Farm but as it didn't get back to flying soon, imagined it would become increasingly less likely to. I'm somewhat perturbed to see the owner listed as 'deceased' on G-INFO, I vaguely knew him some years ago.

I see that the same goes for the G-INFO listing of T-6G G-BGHU. I did find this info regarding the Yak from 2017 though.

https://www.pilotweb.aero/airfields/airfield-profile-pent-farm-1-4855937

The next pilot I met was a local, Chris Bellhouse, whose name will be familiar to Tiger Club members as he was chairman for a while. In the immaculate hangar where he kept his Texan and other aircraft, he said, ‘If I only had to choose just one aeroplane to own, it would be the Texan. I’ve kept it for thirty years.’ He had operated it from Pent Farm for the last decade after moving it from Headcorn. Vintage Aero’s engineering support was one reason for the move. His wife kept a Jodel and they owned a Midget Mustang and an under-restoration Yak-3.