Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picture of the day

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philo
    Antagonistic purist
    • Jan 2000

Picture of the day

I thought that i would go for something a bit different, something that you don't see every day of the week.
    Attachments:

• Ant.H
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2000

RE: Picture of the day

Now this is an interesting one.In this day and age where superbly maintained Buccaneers,Lightnings etc are prevented from flying in the UK by the CAA,we have by contrast this American registered Super Sabre which graced our skies not so long ago.The irony for me is that from what i've heard,this aircraft was in diabolical condition ie,nearing the end of it's fatigue life,leaky joints all over the shop,etc etc.Why on earth did the SuperSabre get dispensation to fly here??I seem to remember it being something to do with a government contract,but surely if it was carrying out trials work then that must be more risky than appearing at a display?
    It does seem a little ironic...
    "Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease." Sergei Sikorsky

Comment

• frankvw
      • Jan 2000

RE: Picture of the day

AFAIK, these F100 were (are?) used as chase planes (or maybe target towing). They aren't modified, so, safety is OK...

But it's good to see old jets (it changes a bit from these propeller driven vintage planes ;-) )

Philo, just a small remark: in the title of your threads 'picture of the day', could you add the date? It would be easier!

Regards,

Frank

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
      X