Hangar 11 Airframes For Sale

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 4 months

Platinum Fighter Sales have the Hangar 11 P-40 and Hurricane listed for sale.

http://www.platinumfighters.com/#!p-40m-g-kitt/bzm6x

http://www.platinumfighters.com/#!hurricane-g-hhii/ynl1z

Original post

Member for

20 years

I shall miss both of them operating out of NW if they are sold, I hope the Hurricane stays in the UK though...

Member for

20 years 7 months

I will second that, we have had some great days at Old Warden too with PT fying these aircraft in and out of, with a spirited display in the middle (I hope that will continue with the spit and P-51) . Thank you Peter.

Member for

20 years

The new Spit is well advanced, and I think Peter might see this development as an effective way of funding the completion of the restoration, and putting the collection on a stable footing.

Attachments

Member for

17 years 10 months

So it would be build a hangar extension or move a couple on? An expensive train set to insure and maintain.

Thank you Mr T

Member for

20 years 7 months

:apologetic: Oh no ,why are the Hurricanes always the ones to be moved on,hope it stays in the UK.

Member for

24 years 2 months

It's easy to slip into an understandable sense of sentimentalism about this sale, especially for those of us used to their present owner 'popping in' to Shuttleworth for some fuel after one of his many scintillating displays there. But of course aircraft trading is an important part of a healthy international warbird industry as discussed here in the past. Mr T is one of the UKs leading independent warbird operators (his FB and magazine articles reveal his passion), and I hope he continues to be a presence at air shows in his wonderful machines. Thanks for the memories!

Member for

24 years 2 months

re;

It takes ages to sell Hurricanes, the HAC one has been on the market for years and it took ages to sell the AFC example. Why this is, is anyones guess.

Member for

24 years 2 months

"Dear Friends,

I have been made aware of a number of comments being posted through social media about the proposed sale of a part of the
Hangar 11 Collection and I decided best to lay out the facts from my standpoint.

I started the collection in 1999 and since, we have built up an enviable set of amazing flying, active warbirds each unique in their own way. Personally, I have flown some 2000 warbird hours and too many hundreds of air displays to remember, over the last 15 years or so. Fact is that I really do have the Tee shirt and so many wonderful memories that will never be equalled in aviation.
However, the Hangar 11 Collection is a tough business to run , in organisational terms, in financial terms and most of all in emotional terms. It's rather a drain to be honest and I am looking to reduce my workload as I am struggling to keep up with family commitments, work commitments and also to find the resources to complete our unique MK IX Russian Spitfire PT879.

So a very hard decision was made to reduce the collection down to the pair of P51 Mustang and MK XI Spitfire and to concentrate on completing PT879, for which we need room in the hangar. I will of course carry on with my airshow work but frankly it isn't a quick process to sell aircraft of this type, so I am not counting on any disruption to our 2016 season. We are very relaxed sellers and are under no pressure until the right home is found for the P40 and Hurribomber.

Hope this helps to allay your fears and responds to the many emails I have received to date.
Happy Xmas and a peaceful new Year to all my friends and followers.
Fly safe
Peter"

Member for

24 years 2 months

It takes ages to sell Hurricanes, the HAC one has been on the market for years and it took ages to sell the AFC example. Why this is, is anyones guess.

Spitfire snobbery

Member for

16 years 5 months

Always good to hear it straight from the horses (or pilots) mouth so to speak. And a totally understandable decision especially when you see his hangar is at such a premium for space.

Rob

Member for

24 years 2 months

His toy box, his toys. He shouldn't feel the need to justify his decision in any way.

Member for

20 years 3 months

"Dear Friends,

I have been made aware of a number of comments being posted through social media about the proposed sale of a part of the
Hangar 11 Collection and I decided best to lay out the facts from my standpoint.

I started the collection in 1999 and since, we have built up an enviable set of amazing flying, active warbirds each unique in their own way. Personally, I have flown some 2000 warbird hours and too many hundreds of air displays to remember, over the last 15 years or so. Fact is that I really do have the Tee shirt and so many wonderful memories that will never be equalled in aviation.
However, the Hangar 11 Collection is a tough business to run , in organisational terms, in financial terms and most of all in emotional terms. It's rather a drain to be honest and I am looking to reduce my workload as I am struggling to keep up with family commitments, work commitments and also to find the resources to complete our unique MK IX Russian Spitfire PT879.

So a very hard decision was made to reduce the collection down to the pair of P51 Mustang and MK XI Spitfire and to concentrate on completing PT879, for which we need room in the hangar. I will of course carry on with my airshow work but frankly it isn't a quick process to sell aircraft of this type, so I am not counting on any disruption to our 2016 season. We are very relaxed sellers and are under no pressure until the right home is found for the P40 and Hurribomber.

Hope this helps to allay your fears and responds to the many emails I have received to date.
Happy Xmas and a peaceful new Year to all my friends and followers.
Fly safe
Peter"

It has been a pleasure seeing Peter's collection of aircraft displayed at events, and safely operated from North Weald. All credit to him and his team.

Member for

24 years 2 months

It takes ages to sell Hurricanes, {snip} Why this is, is anyones guess.

Because I still haven't won Euromillions?

Moggy

Member for

16 years 2 months

Its because my lottery numbers haven't come up yet.

Member for

17 years 10 months

has he a second P51?

Member for

14 years 8 months

His toy box, his toys. He shouldn't feel the need to justify his decision in any way.

Well indeed, but I think we're still allowed to ask amongst ourselves "why is he selling a P-40 and Hurricane for another Spit?"

There are only at most three dozen airworthy P-40s in the World; even the Hangar 11 website calls it 'rare'. I can't wrap my brain around why you'd want to sell it; must be a treasure for air show bookings.

Perhaps parts are expensive. I suppose it could be something as mundane as that.

Member for

24 years 2 months

It's because it's his toy box. End of.

Member for

17 years 10 months

P40 is a gorgeous aeroplane, looks good, flys well, good display aircraft but Spitfires get bookings, as Bruce said, it is Peters own collection and his to do as he feels. I would rather see him sell a couple and keep fluid with financing and bringing new projects to flight.
Sad to let them go but as with the OFMC, ARCO and TFC, you keep the your kids, MH434, Blenheim, Bearcat and move around the others, makes good sense.

Member for

14 years 6 months

So TFC can get another P-40 for the fleet (again).
Cees