Antiques Road Show on now 20th Sep.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 3 months

Filmed at Coningsby outside BBMF. Looks like a bit of photo bombing going on by the BBMF guys. Nice one.

Original post

Member for

9 years 6 months

Watching it here. The quality of filming was better than the coverage of the BoB event at Goodwood. Fiona Bruce or the matey insincerity of Dermot 'O Leary phoning it in? No brainer really!

Member for

15 years 4 months

Don't miss the early delta drawings that became the Vulcan, as drawn on the morning newspaper. The explanations are a bit superficial, but the drawings are gems.

Member for

12 years 4 months

Much rather watch Fiona Bruce than Dermot any day.
Am sure the Vulcan sketches would fetch far more than 10k.

Member for

9 years 6 months

I thought the same thing. When I was last in the VTTS merchandise tent there were guys getting all the ex-Vulcan pilots to sign books. To the right collector those drawings must be worth a lot, and you only need two collectors to start a bidding war! Likewise the panda mascot.

Member for

10 years 7 months

The one thing that shines throughout the Antiques Roadshow valuations is how often that either I wouldn't give it houseroom or how I would happily pay twice that valuation. Odd, really.

Member for

17 years 8 months

I was there, I took one of my props just out of interest and as it was Coningsby, my first posting in 1960. There was much more interesting stuff. The couple behind me in the snaking queue (four hours from arrival to valuation) had a great uncles logbook who was also a 'Dambuster. The Hurricane-Typhoon display was superb, close and right above. I had a chat with the Lanc Captain who had the engine fire.

John

Member for

20 years 1 month

Much rather watch Fiona Bruce than Dermot any day.
Am sure the Vulcan sketches would fetch far more than 10k.

Oooooh! Fiona Bruce? yes please :D:D:D

Member for

11 years 5 months

Oh really - I reckon she's a bit prissy!!:eek:

Member for

14 years

She isn't one of my favourites either. The BBC thinks she is worth £500,000 a year though.

Member for

11 years 5 months

You are joking!!!!??:rolleyes:

Member for

16 years 1 month

I thought the Dams unifrom, and mascot were valued very low? I would give them that price any day!

Member for

16 years 3 months

I thought the Dams unifrom, and mascot were valued very low? I would give them that price any day!

Agreed, also to my mind a very low estimate. That said, very unlikely to come on the market............

Member for

11 years 5 months

interesting, Alan. I thought that the BBC never revealed what they pay their "stars" - the media will always speculate, inevitably.

But if it is true then another nail in my BBC coffin!:D Any dos the public really care who reads their news, assuming they watch it on television...?

Member for

18 years

Just to bump this and bring Fiona Bruce back on top...............errr

Member for

19 years 10 months

Just to bump this and bring Fiona Bruce back on top...............errr

Hi
My turn to bump fiona :)
her only competition is monica bellucci, in my opinion
cheers
jerry