Picture of the day 01/12/01

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Jet this time, but they dont come much earlier.
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3c08f55e427b7e1f.jpg

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Picture of the day 01/12/01

nice one(again)....is it a special or an AARGOS jet...the nose is a little bit oversized than usual?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Another nice pic philo :)
For those not in the know,this is Armstrong Whitworth Meteor NF.12
G-LOSM,the NF.12 being a standard production model,so this aircraft is not a one off.Having said that,it is the only Night Fighter Meteor in flyable condition anywhere in the world at present.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Another view of the same aircraft.
First shot was taken at Baginton (Coventry)50's airshow last year, this one at Duxford early this year. I will try and get my shots of F8 'Winston'(sadly departed these shores) scanned as a comparison.
PS Ant- I thought this was an NF11 rather that 12 ?
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3c0a5cfc8a5f2d69.jpg

Member for

24 years 3 months

I'll say one thing for you Philo, you take a mean photograph. Some really good shots!
Keep it up,
Neilly

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thanks for your comments, its a shame that i cant reproduce the original slide quality when posting the pics, but with a file limitation of only 75k its very difficult. I accept that the file size has to limited otherwise the web space would soon get gobbled up.
When i get my own web site sorted, hopefully early next year i will be putting up higher res images.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Absolutely correct on the mark number Philo,my apologies.The NF.11 was shorter than the later NF.12 because of the latter's APS21 radar set which necessitated a lengthening of the forward fuselage by something like 15".This in turn gave rise to the NF.12's most distinguishing feature,the leading edge extension to the tail fin,which in all honesty I should have noticed.
That'll teach me to put up a post without doing the proper research first!
PS Another excellent pic!