No More Heroes 2

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Sad to here that Flight Lieutenant Bill Reid VC died yesterday aged 79; In particular as I was priveleged to have last met him only two months ago.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: No More Heroes 2

I did not know that Bill Reid VC had died. Nothing that I can recall was written in the press on one of the few Bomber Command VC holders.

I have a Robert Taylor print signed by Bill and will treasure it as these men did not recieve the recognition they deserved. My picture sits above my fireplace with the other signed prints by both bomber crew and fighter pilots, some are still with us others not.

A sad loss and my thoughts go to all of Bill Reid's family and friends.

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: No More Heroes 2

I second that. I am from Crieff, where Bill Reid lived for the past twenty or so years where he was very much respected for both his past as well as his day to day personality. It was both an honour and a pleasure to recieve my Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award from Mr Reid back in the mid 80's. My thoughts today were with Bill Reid and his family. A flight of four Tornados from 617 Squadron based at RAF Lossiemouth performed a flypast at 1.30pm over Crieff and then went on to carry out the "Missing Man" formation.
He, and those of his ilk, will not be forgotten.

Willie Brown