Help ! Anyone own or have access to 'On Plywood Wings' - Murray P Benjamin

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 9 months

Desperately looking for a copy of this very rare book to help a friends Grandfather who flew as Navigator with Paul Murray Benjamin. Probably published in the USA and by the sounds of it a small run. This is a quote from Murray's obituary "He was a carpenter, an engineer and inventor. But the defining adventure of his life was as a Royal Canadian Air Force pilot in WWIl. He was appointed an Advanced Flying Instructor in Ottowa, Canada and later was assigned to fly the DeHaviland Mosquito in 44 night missions over the Battle of the Bulge and then over all of Nazi Europe. In his later years he authored a book of which he was very proud entitled "On Plywood Wings'' telling of his flying experiences in WWII."

If anyone can help would be most grateful! Di

Original post

Member for

18 years 2 months

Morning jr, I've emailed NAM to check in the library; no feedback so far!

Member for

15 years 9 months

Thank you TwinOtter23 x

Member for

19 years

Don't want to be a doubting thomas, but it looks like looking for a needle in a haystack. No trace of an availabe edition on the web.

Member for

15 years 9 months

I fear you are right Newforest, I have found a copy listed in a library in the USA, but apart form that.......

Member for

18 years 2 months

Sorry jr it's not on the 'book list' at Newark Air Museum.

I have a contact in Canada that I will try and chase up for you.

Member for

15 years 9 months

Thank you!!! It's a really long shot I think, but you never know, Di

Member for

15 years 9 months

Thank you ian_st, I have emailed them at the beginning of the week, they are an organisation that only meet once a month and I've just missed the end of June meeting, but when they meet at the end of July they will open the library up and have a look for me they said, I'm hoping if they can find it to get either a publisher name or an address to obtain a copy......everything crossed!!!!

Member for

2 years 3 months

No idea if you're still looking for this book since it's been a long time since you posted. I just found a mint signed copy in my father in law's library. Are you interested?

Member for

2 years

LAM, If they are not still looking I will definitely take that copy!!

My email is macxterry@yahoo.com

my great grandma Dorothy Diffendorf is Paul Murray Benjamin’s sister & I would love to be able to give her the copy!