Short Sandringham F-OBIP

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 1 month

Plans for my immenant European trip now seem to be coalescing.

Madam and I will be in Paris from 11th to the 15th July.
I am allowed one free day to visit the Musée de l'air, which looks to be Monday 13th.

Of course, I am particularly interested in the Sandringham F-OBIP.
I understand this aircraft was damaged in a storm back in 1984, and repairs were started many years later.

The only information I can find indicates that the repair work was underway in 2008-2009 and was due to be completed 'shortly'.

Is there more up to date information?
Have the repair work been completed by now, and is the boat back on public display?

If not, who should I contact to arrange behind-the-scenes access?

Original post

Member for

16 years 1 month

The damage to rear fuselage was serious but has been largely repaired - I believe(uncertain) but I think wings are still off. The aircraft is still at DUGNY the workshop - not back at museum display.
Unless anyone can up date that.

Member for

15 years 3 months

You have pretty much zero chance of seeing this. It has been in store for 30 years. Unless they have a suddern change of heart the only time this is accessible is on the open days in September

Member for

19 years

You have pretty much zero chance of seeing this. It has been in store for 30 years. Unless they have a suddern change of heart the only time this is accessible is on the open days in September

So was the Spruce Goose and look now! Money talks, bribe the gatekeeper! Wieesso, you are a deep digger!!

Member for

17 years 1 month

Peter, the Musée de l'air is closed on Mondays!

Ah yes, missed that.

Have now reassessed timetable and plan to visit the museum on Saturday 11th.