Spitfires on stage. Horse Guards Parade. BBC 1 TV last evening.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

The two 'Invasion Striped' Spitfires flanking the stage on last night's 'VE Day 70: A Party To Remember' are presumed to to be replicas.

Can anybody please confirm this...perhaps with images? :)

Mark

Original post

Member for

10 years 2 months

I saw a few glimpses. I caught a glimpse of the ventral intake on one machine which was clearly a fake but whether the entire airframes were fake I don't know - they looked pretty convincing :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

The BBC website shows the L/H machine coded as 'SH- ' which must be the Simply Spitfire MK805

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks DB.

...and a third, with no stripes, in the trees behind Kirsty Young, currently hosting this mornings events on the BBC.

Mark

Member for

18 years 3 months

I would imagine that Terry A is quite pleased with the BBC TV coverage, biased as it is to the left! Hopefully he hasn't fallen foul of the low emissions charge....

Member for

14 years 7 months

spitfire replicas, left of stage was mk805 coded sh-b, right of stage bs435 coded fy-f, noticed the f under the nose near the end of program behind Chris Evans.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Simply Spitfire MK805 to the left and Lytham St Annes Spitfire Display Team BS435 to the right...

Member for

9 years 6 months

I would imagine that Terry A is quite pleased with the BBC TV coverage, biased as it is to the left! Hopefully he hasn't fallen foul of the low emissions charge....

General Discussion is leaking! I thought we were talking about plastic Spitfires?

Member for

24 years 2 months

MK805 is certainly not 'plastic'....

Member for

24 years 2 months

..and is that a fourth Spitfire in the corner of HGP with no visible stripes?

Mark

Member for

24 years 2 months

There was a plastic Spit and Hurricane in St James' park yesterday

Member for

24 years 2 months

St James's Park Spitfire IIa replica P7370 ZP-A owned by Battle of Britain Experience of Canterbury. Is the Hurricane their Hawker Hurricane MK II?

Member for

18 years 3 months

General Discussion is leaking! I thought we were talking about plastic Spitfires?

That's the left side of the stage; never saw much more than a glimpse of the other replica, (on the right hand side of the stage) which is fibreglass... leaks plugged hopefully!

Member for

15 years 3 months

the Hurricane in St. James park had either DT,BT,PT code, unfortunately she took the picture head on! so can only see the top half of the letters...

regards,
jack...

Member for

13 years 6 months

Here's MK805 on the way home this evening. Confirmed by the builder/owner as returning from the London stage, and snapped at the Pampisford MacDonalds after leaving the M11 at Duxford.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8778/17496925761_f2c9635d0c_b.jpg

Member for

24 years 2 months

Terry will be needing a Queen Mary when he finishes the MkIIa...

Member for

24 years 2 months

The two 'Invasion Striped' Spitfires flanking the stage on last night's 'VE Day 70: A Party To Remember' are presumed to to be replicas.

Can anybody please confirm this...perhaps with images? :)

Mark

Many thanks to all.

Horse Guards Parade where typically a combination of treasures were exhibited during each September throughout the 1950's.

Mark

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Mark12/Album%202/1-K9942%20Horse%20Guiards%20Parade%20001b%20Peter%20Arnold%20Collection_zpsgprozqyx.jpg

Member for

11 years 3 months

Amazing take away at post 16 above. "Super" mac?