Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Sleeping Beauty Awakens from Her 61 Year Slumber

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tonk
    Hand-swing THAT..?!?!?!?!
    • Oct 2014

Easy; military a/c = military scheme. Proctors always look naked in a civvy scheme...

Comment

• Stan Smith
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • May 2011

I would plumb for a civvie scheme as I would be very surprised if your Proctor, (a Mk V if memory serves) ever had a military connection. I know that there are a multitude of civil aircraft masquerading as military, often with spurious and imaginative "Military" schemes. How many Messengers are there in "Montgomerys' scheme???? At worst the aeroplane should have a manufacturers scheme if the original colours for that particular machine are not to taste. eg Auster silver with red or blue stripe, Miles cream with crimson or green stripe etc. Applying a "Military scheme" because it looks good is a falsehood if that aeroplane never wore uniform in its' past life. How would it go if I were to dress up in an Army Colonels uniform and get everyone to refer to me with a Sir?? There is an old proverb:- "Be true to yourself and bear not fasehoods to your fellow man."

Comment

• Mike J
        • Jan 2000

Stan, the aircraft is a Mk III with wartime history as a crew taxi for the ATA, based at Thame.

Comment

• Stan Smith
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • May 2011

OK! OK!! I'll pull my head in and stop ruffling the waters wiv me oor. Sorry about that, got a bit mixed up wiv me erplanes.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
          X