Aeronca C100 G-AEXD

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years

At Sywell Today Aeronca C100 G-AEXD took to the sky for the first time in over 40 years.

Attachments
Original post

Member for

12 years 11 months

Fantastic what an achievement

Roger

Member for

12 years 10 months

Great to see Matt. A group here at North Shore has acquired C100 ZK-AMW and are arranging to fly her up as soon as weather etc permit. Last attempt was foiled by a bit of an overheat and fuming as she will have to climb to 3-4 thousand to clear the hills between. Should be lots of fun!!

Member for

19 years 7 months

That's pretty, n/t

Member for

17 years 9 months

saw it at White Waltham over 40 years ago

Member for

16 years

Amazing
Built in four months 1938
now
Restored in 40 years !?!

Member for

14 years 9 months

Nice!

Member for

16 years 3 months

Great to see another pre-war British classic back in the air.........!!!

Member for

15 years 9 months

EXD was one of the original aircraft which the Airways Aero Association had when they formed in 1947. I will be referring to historical [ATTACH=CONFIG]236644[/ATTACH]archive photos of this and other aircraft they operated over some 45 years at my lecture on this coming Monday evening at White Waltham.

Attachments

Member for

15 years 9 months

I have the complete Archive collection from the AAA plus some other material photos/documents of interest. This relates to Whitchurch, Hurn, Denham, Croydon, White Waltham and Booker.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Looking good, well done to all involved in getting her back into the air.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Is the Aeronca C100 that used to be kept at Fairoaks in the 1950's by any chance? It always used amuse we school boys, airfield staff and all the hanger's on etc as it staggered off the ground in the Ottershaw direction. In fact it seemed to be the only aircraft that caused the London Transport drivers and conductors to tramp across from their flying club on the far side of the airfield to watch and, I think, admire the start up and eventual flight!

Those were fun days!

Member for

15 years 9 months

It could have been G-AEWV which I photographed at Fairoaks in 1956. Other pictures on Air Britain AB-PIC
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236655[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

19 years 5 months

Great to see another pre-war British classic back in the air.........!!!

Albeit of American design. :)

Member for

12 years 4 months

Well not exactly John. It's designer was Jean Roche, who was French. He just happened to be in America when he designed it!

Member for

19 years 5 months

Well not exactly John. It's designer was Jean Roche, who was French. He just happened to be in America when he designed it!

I didn't know he was French, I knew he worked at the USAAC Engineering Division at McCook Field in Dayton (the predecessor to Wright Field as the Engineering center for Army aircraft).
In any event, the design was drawn, financed and put into production in America...and worth noting the engine was also made by Aeronca an example of when aircraft builders made powerplants.