Restored Bristol Fighter F-AYBF flies !

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 1 month

The ranks of flying Bristol Fighters has swollen by one !

Seemingly this took place yesterday.

''In July 2014, TVAL registered a Bristol Fighter F2B ZK-VTV. In September, after it became known that the aircraft had been shipped from New Zealand, I posted on this blog: "Calling Brisfit ZK-VTV " at www.nzcivair.blogspot.co.nz/2014/09/calling-brisfit-zk-vtv.html which elicited a couple of comments: one that it was in Poland but the timing of this did not tie up, and the other that it was in France.

In fact the second comment proved to be correct and the aircraft has appeared in France as part of the Collection Salis of Les Casque de Cuir (which translates as The Leather Helmet) at Cerny/La Ferté Alais aerodrome near Paris. As of mid November the aircraft has been re-assembled and the Hispano-Suiza engine has been run. The above photo is from the Les Casques de Cuir Facebook page where you can see other images.

The aircraft is marked up as E2262 "A 6" of the RFC/RAF 39(Home Defence) Squadron and features a black cat on the fin.

As with the two BE 2es that were sent to the UK earlier this year, ZK-VTV would have done test flying at Masterton before being dis-assembled for shipping, and it is still on the New Zealand register.''

http://nzcivair.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/the-vintage-aviator-bristol-fighter-f2b.html

Photo by Jean-Pierre Touzeau and Benjamin Gilbert

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205564525006491&set=pcb.10155590838765413&type=1&theater

Attachments
Original post

Member for

14 years 1 month

And a Hisso engine to boot!

Unlikely I know, but wouldn't it be great to see an Arab-engined F.2b?

Great news indeed.

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
sabrejet,
Will that be a Lazy ?:D
Seriously though well done to all those involved in getting yet another Brisfit aloft. :eagerness:

Geoff.

Member for

15 years 1 month

What a beauty.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Am I right in thinking that in 2015 the F2B is the commonest Bristol type flying now? Funny old world ;)

Member for

20 years 8 months

Nice!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Am I right in thinking that in 2015 the F2B is the commonest Bristol type flying now? Funny old world ;)

Apart from the Duxford Blenheim and the Sycamore in Austria I can't think of any others, unless you count the replica Boxkites at Old Warden and in Australia.
Profile picture for user DH82EH

Member for

11 years 3 months

Looks awesome!
Thanks for the pic and congrats to all involved!

Andy Scott

Member for

12 years 3 months

Great!

If you count replicas, there is also the F2B just transferred to Queensland from TVAL :-)

Member for

24 years 3 months

This one is also a replica. Albeit a very, very nice one though.

Member for

14 years 4 months

Agreed, there's just something "extra" about the recreations produced by TVAL-a certain je ne sais quois which makes them so atmospheric. That photo could just be France in 1918!

Member for

14 years 1 month

TVAL's recreations are works of art: their RAFM Albatros is stunning.

I hope we see this one in the UK this year.

Member for

24 years 3 months

That looks to be a beautiful bit of work.

We can never have too many WW1 shapes in the sky.

Moggy

Member for

12 years 3 months

Several of the original F2B ZK-BRI from my TVAL Hangar Tour earlier this year here.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7386/16478765911_0a747b9fc6_b.jpgBristol Fighter F.2b by errolgc, on Flickr

I'll give you a preview of the Albatros heading your way soon.

Excellent. I still have that sight of three x F2b's puttering round Duxford from Flying Legends back in 200X etched in my memory. What a sight!

Member for

20 years 8 months

I imagine it is as there's not much else Bristol flying. There's only the Blenheim other than than the F2's, Oh the Shuttleworth collection's M1C as well but I think that is a replica so probably doesn't count.

Member for

17 years 11 months

Cracking aeroplane, well done to all concerned