Last Mass Gathering Of Harvards In The Uk

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 7 months

Hi everyone just wondering when the last big gathering of Harvards in the UK was and the number of Harvards.

Original post

Member for

16 years 10 months

Last one I can think of was Bassingbourne in 1978.

I saw 17 Harvards there.

Member for

18 years 5 months

Think 16 and a Yale at North Weald for Aerofair in 1998.

Martin

Member for

17 years

Time to better that methinks!

FB

Member for

17 years 10 months

1987 at Biggin and North Weald I thought, If I remember The Harvard Formation Team flew to Europe and came back with around 22 Harvards at the Biggin Hill airfair of that year and then flew on to North Weald on the Sunday with a few less.

Member for

18 years 5 months

Would have been 1988 - the 40th Anniversary of the Harvard. Was featured on TV and I think still available on youtube.

Martin

Member for

12 years 7 months

Thanks for the reply Chaps i'm running an event next saturday that has 7 Harvards coming. Will try next year to get a few more.

Member for

18 years 5 months

Thanks for the reply Chaps i'm running an event next saturday that has 7 Harvards coming. Will try next year to get a few more.

Well that will be the most seen in one place for quite a few years. Perhaps give the details of the event here to get some more interest. I bet there are a lot of people out there that like Harvards. I had hoped to attend but still got a wonky shoulder and can only drive a mile or two let alone almost 300. Hope the day goes well.

Cheers,

Martin

Member for

17 years

Shame that it's not been advertised anywhere, otherwise I would have looked to have gone. Quite a few T6 are still on annuals so maybe if an event like this occurs again, perhaps later in the year would be better!

Member for

12 years 7 months

Perhaps give the details of the event here to get some more interest. ... I had hoped to attend but still got a wonky shoulder and can only drive a mile or two let alone almost 300.

Martin

Will add put something on here martin.

Hope you get better soon.

Regards Andy.

Member for

12 years 7 months

Not to late to Book In Fournier Boy.

Reason for early season is due to aircraft being busy during the airshow season,But if i do another it will be later and far better publicised.

Regards Andrew.

Member for

17 years

Already committed to other aviation I'm afraid...

FB

Member for

20 years 2 months

Hope to get to Sywell, for a look.

Member for

15 years 7 months

What 'public' ie none aircrew access will be available at Sywell on Saturday. Have attended Sywell in the past and been frustrated by rather limited viewing / photograph areas available.

Member for

17 years 10 months

Would have been 1988 - the 40th Anniversary of the Harvard. Was featured on TV and I think still available on youtube.

Martin

Bloody hell Martin, just found this from 1991? I think the wrong date on this video. Also it would of been the 50th surely not the 40th anniversary?

I note G-CTKL in its old colours, the Norman Lees harvard part owned by ( the name has gone, he bought a Spit partner of the squadron with Anthony Hutton) he also owned the Charles Everett one as well.

Member for

17 years 10 months

this may also be of interest to all viewing here http://www.t6harvard.com/

Oh a request, anyone seen a copy of Norman Lees and Gary numans radial pair on the net, cannot find it on youtube, some good flying shots in that for Harvard buffs

Member for

24 years 2 months

Trolly- are you refering to the late Euan English?

Member for

17 years 10 months

Ah David of course, my mind seems to forget things these days. who infact lost his life in a harvard not to many miles from where I type.
I met him a couple of times, a really nice decent interesting man.

What happened to Anthony Hutton? sorry about thread drift, maybe I should start a new thread on the Harvard Formation Team?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Unfortunately Harvards have deprived us of a number of gifted pilots over the years.

Member for

12 years 7 months

What 'public' ie none aircrew access will be available at Sywell on Saturday. Have attended Sywell in the past and been frustrated by rather limited viewing / photograph areas available.

Hi CADman

All the aircraft will be parked up next to the carpark so everyone can get good photos of all the aircraft. Also all the aircraft will be moved about for diffrent photo oppertunities.

Member for

15 years 7 months

Thankyou for your reply. Fully understand 'airside' rules and safety comes first, but if at sometime during the day the parking area can be considered 'non-active' most enthusiast would be happy to pay suitable small fee for access. Last time I visited Sywell the viewing area was really not suitable for good photos.