Halfpenny Green Easter Wings & Wheels

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years

One of the attractions on 5th/6th April at this year's Easter Wings & Wheels at Halfpenny Green will be a Rans S6, G-GWFT. Not much of a draw, you might think, but it is the culmination of the local Schools Build a Plane Project, about ready for its first flight. What I want to know is, why there weren't projects like that when I was at school ! (Before anyone else says it, yes it would have been a Bleriot Monoplane in my day.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

got a picture of her? Well done to the kids!

Member for

16 years 3 months

Are you having an aero-jumble and displays in the hangar this time, Wulfie?

Member for

13 years

We won't be advertising an aerojumble as such but anyone who wants a stall can book a place in the hangar, free of charge, but bring your own tables. The Tettenhall Transport Heritage Centre will be selling stuff in there

Member for

16 years 5 months

As it seems a bit quiet on this thread I wonder if anyone knows what is going to be displayed and demonstrated? There are usually some engines to be run and I have missed them all on previous visits by either going on the wrong day or arriving too late! I will be visiting the Build-a-Plane project though as a good friend and ex-work colleague is heavily involved.

Member for

20 years 5 months

Anyone?? I was thinking of popping over later, but the lack of any info or feedback from yesterday seems to indicate a quiet show...

Member for

18 years

wasnt quiet, very busy, YAK11, Harvard, WAR FW190, Austers, Tiger Moth TBH busiest ive seen

Member for

16 years 5 months

Cracking afternoon but wrong day for the engines - again! Oh well, perhaps next time!

Member for

17 years 7 months

It was quiet on Sunday, but nice to see 'Taz' out and about!

Member for

13 years

Nice video by Graham Wiley of his Foxbat flight from Otherton to the Wings's & Wheels,some of the show, including the Hercules and Leonides engine runs, and then his short flight to see a Harrier start up at a private strip near Bridgnorth. I've suggested they taxi the Harrier to the next Wings & Wheels, through the fields - I've offered to open all the gates !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH96S4QtUPM

Member for

18 years

Do you think any one would notice if they flew the GR3 over instead?

Member for

13 years

You can fly anything anywhere as long as you don't get higher than 25 feet, so it's possible to taxi the Harrier over, hopping over hedges and roads. That would be a bit expensive on fuel however.