Retro Aviation - liquidation/Auction

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years

Anyone else notice the advert in the back of this month's Flypast that Retro Aviation has gone into administration - auction coming up of remaining equipment by administrators.

TT

Original post

Member for

13 years 9 months

Has anyone got the sale details?

Not to be confused with Retrotec or Retro Track and Air. A caller to our offices this afternoon was confused, but thought it was one of the latter - which it isn't! (Just posting for the avoidance of any doubt)

Member for

20 years

10th March is viewing- www.hinsonparry.co.uk

Avro Anson, Venom, Canberra, Cessna, Hunter, Sea King etc.... 110 lots

Wem industrial estate Shrops

TT

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sorry to hear it.

Member for

13 years 9 months

I can't seem to find it. I hope Rich is ok

Member for

17 years 7 months

Am I being thicker than normal, I can't find a catalogue for it, in fact I can't find very much on it at all

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yes, a few years ago.

Member for

17 years 4 months

Am I being thicker than normal, I can't find a catalogue for it, in fact I can't find very much on it at all

God bless telephones.... i just rang them and finishing touches to catalogue are today with it going online later. Or email them and they say they'll email back to interested parties.

EDIT: illustrated PDF list now online, thus....

http://www.hinsonparry.co.uk/auctions/category/insolvency-collectives/

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks for the link Dave.

Not a lot to see - unless you want an Anson across multiple lots. I think I'll leave the car in the garage for a little longer..

Member for

17 years 5 months

It's so sad to see someone's livelihood put up for sale and sold off like this, one hopes all those involved with the company are ok.. :(

Member for

20 years

It seems odd to offer mixed selections of a/c parts. Is this standard practice?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Love item 71 - a trolley used in servicing "injector seats" - I bet they are a real pain in the bum.

Moggy

Member for

19 years 9 months

Plenty of Anson parts. Wonder if there are enough parts to build an Avro Anson?
The Comet seats may be of interest for the Air France Comet at DH Museum?

Member for

14 years 11 months

Visited there today to collect a lot of stuff a few well known folks collecting their purchases , sadly late on just before I left a local scrap man came to collect his stuff some 20 lots mainly Anson. I told him what it was but like he said he paid little for it and it was going into the pot tomorrow. He was very helpful and we did save some nice pieces to put on show. He did offer to deliver the lot to our museum for a very fair figure But we have not got the room or more spare cash sadly!

Member for

13 years 3 months

Visited there today to collect a lot of stuff a few well known folks collecting their purchases , sadly late on just before I left a local scrap man came to collect his stuff some 20 lots mainly Anson. I told him what it was but like he said he paid little for it and it was going into the pot tomorrow. He was very helpful and we did save some nice pieces to put on show. He did offer to deliver the lot to our museum for a very fair figure But we have not got the room or more spare cash sadly!

Always a shame to hear this, but well done for rescuing a few bits.. even if someone could of purchased the rest and stuck em on ebay at least a few more parts of the faithful old Annie could of been saved.. shame.

Member for

12 years 10 months

Have contacted Bill Read, our Anson restorer and he would be very interested. Varsity, can you contact the scrapman and get him to hold off from the melting pot for a couple of days??

Member for

14 years 11 months

Sorry it all went into a crusher yesterday afternoon.