Invader?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Just sitting here thinking past an present warbirds in the UK and my mind wanders back to a story i remember reading many moons ago in a "Flypast Issue" about the restoration of a Douglas Invader by two brothers i beleave called Ron& Rex Cadman.The names may be wrong but the restoration was to take many years and at the time was something of a unknown warbird in this country!So if anybody knows what happened if the project was completed i would be glad to find out more..
Also what happend to a White Harvard Japanese markings took part in many Great Warbird Air Displays with a pilot by the name of Mr Numan remember him?............Has he still got it and will he be flying again..

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Invader?

I last saw the Invader stored at Manston in 93/94, not sure what's happened to it now.
The white Harvard is now black with red trim, following an overhaul a few years ago. As far as I know Gary and his family still own the plane, but i'm not sure if he flies it any longer or not. He was good in a Harvard, but FANTASTIC in a YAK 11.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Flipping heck? i dont beleave it! one lives about half a mile from Manston and i never new it had been stored there typical right on my back door an i miss it.Thanx for reply so soon!Mr Numan in a Yak where when what year and guess what i flipping missed that aswell ;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 05-12-01 AT 10:55 PM (GMT)]Gary flew Eddie Coventry's first YAK 11 G-OYAK for a few years in the early 90's, (91-94 from memory), in fact he carried out a large amount of Eddie's conversion on to the YAK. I have somewhere some fantastic photograph's and video of some of his displays, however UK show organisers didn't find the YAK of great interest, so it didn't get the bookings it deserved. North Weald, Wroughton and Earls Colne were the shows that stick in my mind. It's a shame G-OYAK was sold before G-IYAK was completed as the pair of them together on the circuit would have been very enjoyable.

Member for

24 years 3 months

The Invader was still stored in the back of the 'black' hanger at Manston last year. She is owned by the Cadman brothers who are involved in the restoration of military vehicles in Kent.

Member for

24 years 3 months

That Black Harvard strikes a bell - on my first ever trip to Duxford back in 96 it was being towed out of the hangar for its post restoration flight, in its dark scheme. I've got a picture of that day, I'll try and post it.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yep,I think that's the one.As a side note,I think colour scheme is actually Midnight Blue rather than black,but the perception of the colour depends on the light conditions and the camera etc.

Member for

24 years 3 months

When it was rolled out, I'm sure it was Navy Blue. i'll try and dig that picture up.

Member for

24 years 3 months

G-AZSC is definately Black. I spoke to it's owners as the rebuild progressed and Black was the colour specified.