Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for info - control chain and 3.5" sprocket.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OneEighthBit
    With wings alone
    • Mar 2008

Looking for info - control chain and 3.5" sprocket.

All,

I'm trying to finalise the CAD work for the control columns for our Horsa project and where I've hit a stop is the sprocket and chain within the control column. None of the APs or technical notes I have give any dimensions so I've having to "eye" it and derive dimensions from other parts.

Based on what info I have the sprocket itself was ref 26ED/11742 but thinking logically, the "cheap" production ideal of the Horsa I would imagine they'd use a stock part rather than have a unique one for the glider. After all, all the control pulleys are standard AGS 3" ones so why not other hardware?

So... having seen pictures of chains/sprockets used in Spits, Hurri's, Lancs and so forth, has anyone got any info and/or dimensions on a standard type "C" chain sprocket about 3.5" - 3.75" diameter with a 0.375" (3/8") bore? Also was there a fairly standard size chain used for control linkages? Based on the groove it would be about 0.25" wide. I'm hoping to find an AGS ref an/or modern equivalent rather than have to manufacture one.

Aeronut - on the off chance you see this, does MAF have any sprockets from Tarrent Rushton that have the 11742 number on them or would be about the size?
    "The best way to stop a crack in the fuselage spreading is to drill each end with a one eighth bit."
    @HorsaJed | Jet Age Museum Horsa Cockpit Project

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
X