TFC Fiat CR.42 Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markstringer View Post
    I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say I cannot wait to see a gladiator and cr42 formation. Saying that - a gladiator and Blenheim formation is also rather mouthwatering!

Especially if the third gladiator can be made airworthy in the future!
    Be nice to see the Bristol engined trio again. Gladiator, Blenheim and Lysander. Would be even better if the RNHF Swordfish joined in.
    The mind once expanded by a new idea never returns to its original size.

Comment

The reason I'm posting is to pay tribute to whoever did the "colorization" of that CR 42 shot. The application of this,presumably digital , technology really has moved on spectacularly in recent years, from being initially crudely embarrassing.
      I have noted some WW1 trench imagery recently so treated. The effect certainly has impact.
      Last edited by NEEMA; 9th February 2015, 19:25.

Comment

Thank you, NEEMA.

I will pass your comments on to our designer.
        Editor: 'Britain at War' Magazine

A 'Key Publishing' product - Britain's Best Selling Military History Monthly

Comment

Originally posted by NEEMA View Post
          The reason I'm posting is to pay tribute to whoever did the "colorization" of that CR 42 shot. The application of this,presumably digital , technology really has moved on spectacularly in recent years, from being initially crudely embarrassing.
          I have noted some WW1 trench imagery recently so treated. The effect certainly has impact.
          Maybe he could do these two as well.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/italian_...toft_1_4314082

Comment

Originally posted by NEEMA View Post
            Probably was digitally altered, but could have been a three colour filter process which was popular at the time - especially in France.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4033.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	3668165
              Fiat A-74 process.
              " I'm not young enough to know everything." - J M Barrie 1903

Comment

That looks great Pete, thanks for sharing. Is that at Mike Nixons place?

Kurt

Comment

Gosh that is one big pizza ! No wonder the thing could move through the air. I do love the combination of a biplane with a disgracadio motor grosso stuck to the front. Not until that photo did I really appreciate how many litres that thing would draw.

Surely the dogfights above Greece would have been something to see; less chaotic than the later monoplanes with all their speed and diving surprises and escapes. Men in biplanes seeing each other and using all that wing surface and power to bring awful calculation to bear.

Tonight I drink Vino Rosso to the Falco and the A-74, but upside down so Benito can see me, just to remind him how it all ended...

Comment

The engine looks stunning.
                    How is overall progress going ?
                    Any updates are most welcome

Comment

Yes, love to hear if any of the problem areas have been solved or any more spares located around the place. Beautiful aircraft and deserves to be in the air again.

Comment

Beaufighter VI, Has there been any more news on the CR.42?

Comment

Amongst the cooking and travelling there are a few images at: http://rushenabout.blogspot.co.uk

Will give a fuller report before Flying Legends including our wants list.

Comment

Thank you for the link, neat to see Peter, happy memories of meeting you a few times and reading you articles in AAA mag where I penned some words monthly..... Gary B.

Comment

Hi Gary. Essex Aviation Group still exists, no digs for several years, now have a re-vamped room at Duxford opposite History of Duxford. Open most Sundays.

Comment

Thanks for the updates, gonna be an amazing sight when it's finished

Comment

Pete, Thanks for that. She is going to be beautiful when she is finished. You mentioned Australia in the Blog. Can you tells us the company that provided the pressings? Precision? Looking forward to any further progress reports

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang51 View Post
                                    Can you tells us the company that provided the pressings? Precision? Looking forward to any further progress reports
                                    "Jungle Bob" Greinert at HARS.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaufighter VI View Post
                                      The other problem as soon as you mention "aircraft" their legal beagles tell them to leave it alone.
                                      The other side of this is that as soon as someone mentions he's a lawyer, he can't find anyone to work on his aircraft.. or even his car.
                                      If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Comment

New update at http://rushenabout.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

That engine's looking lovely, thanks for the update!
                                          "those who know keep quiet, and those who don't are frowned upon for asking." - snafu

Comment

Working...
                                          X