The Percival web site?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years

Long time ago, well over a year anyway, there was a dedicated Percival site recording all Percival types and survivors. Since that time, it has disappeared and been replaced by Chinese writing which I am sure is not related to Percival! Does anyone have a record of the old web site or contact for the webmaster? (Or be willing to start a replacement site?! )

Original post

Member for

20 years 5 months

If you know the address, then you could try the Wayback Machine: https://archive.org/web/
Just enter the URL and you'll be able to check whether a snapshot of the site has been saved there.

Member for

19 years

That's clever is it not?! Does the new Chinese web site use the same URL as I am trying to access the old site?

Member for

17 years 8 months

Long time ago, well over a year anyway, there was a dedicated Percival site recording all Percival types and survivors. Since that time, it has disappeared and been replaced by Chinese writing which I am sure is not related to Percival! Does anyone have a record of the old web site or contact for the webmaster? (Or be willing to start a replacement site?! )

Michael, if you find the site again - please let me know! thanks!
Martin

Member for

19 years

http://www.atlanticdhg.com/TOM/index.htm

Would love to find the site again Martin! The above is the old link which you will see is now a Chinese site. Following Archer's excellent advice, all I get is 'not available for search due to some BOT'. Don't know where to go from here. I would guess that the original webmaster has passed or moved on and the bills were not paid, so the site has lapsed.

Member for

11 years 8 months

Has anyone tried accessing it via http://web.archive.org/?

This may provide an old version of the site.

Regards

Pete

Member for

16 years 7 months

Here is a current list of Proctor survivors. There are of course all the surviving Gull variants and metal Percival types that could be added.

Production consisted of 247 Mk.I, 175 Mk.2, 437 Mk.3, 258 MK.4, and 150 Mk.5. A single Proctor 6 floatplane was produced in 1946 for the Hudson Bay Company. The 42 survivors known, listed as follows.

TF-HGS Ae.57 (G-AHGS) Proctor 5 R Iceland (substantial remains)
TF-VIB K.242 Proctor 1 (G-AHVH) R Reykjavik, Iceland (Part fuselage, centre section and one wing)
VH-UXS ) K.246 Proctor 1(G-AHFU R Cheltenham, Victoria, Australia, for sale at 02-05-10 (under restoration to flying condition)
VH-AUC K.253 Proctor 1 (G-AHDI) P Moorabbin, Australia
VH-AVG H.224 Proctor 2 (G-AHVG) R Alice Springs, Australia
VH-FEP K.279 Proctor 1 (G-AHTN) P Canberra, Australia
VH-BCX K.305 Proctor 1 R Mandeville, New Zealand Guy Clapshaw (possible restoration to flying condition)
VH-AHR H.466 Proctor 3 R Brisbane, Australia
VH-AHY H.9 Proctor 1(G-AIEB) R Brisbane. (under restoration to flying condition)
VH-BCM (G-AGTB) Ae.8 Proctor 5 P Narellan, Australia
VH-BQR K.392 Proctor 2 (G-ALIS) P Bullcreek, Australia
VH-SCC H.44 Proctor 2 R Brisbane, Australia
G-AHMP H.170 Proctor 2 S Little Staughton, Bedfordshire (Part fuselage and centre section)
G-AHTE Ae.58 Proctor 5 Under restoration Great Oakley, Essex, (under restoration to flying condition)
G-AHWO Ae.72 Proctor 5 R Celbridge. (substantially complete but very poor condition)
G-AKEX Proctor 3 Great Oakley, Essex, (under restoration to flying condition)
G-AKIU Ae.129 Proctor 5 Air Atlantique, Coventry, England. (Airworthy)
G-AKZN K.386 Proctor 2 R Stafford RAF museum reserve collection
G-ALCK H.536 Proctor 3 Imperial War Museum Duxford
G-ALJF K.427 Proctor 2 A Biggin Hill Crashed on landing Kent 2011, AAIB report state DBR though possibly to be re built)
G-AMAL H.47 Proctor 3 D Hundleshope Heights, (complete accident damaged airframe stored since 1968)
G-ANPP Proctor 3, last seen leaving Stanstead airport on a low loader circa 1979, registered to P Jeffreys, Saffron Walden Essex. Acquired by the Great Oakley Percival restoration team 2011
in store for possible re build to airworthy status.
G-ANVY (SE-CEA)(RM169) H.772 Proctor 4, Eslovs, Sweden (to Great Oakley May 2010) (possible restoration to flying condition)
G-ANXR (RM221) H.803 Proctor 4 Biggin Hill, (Airworthy)
G-AOAR H.588 Proctor 4 S Biggin Hill (Cobby Moore Stored)
G-AOBI Proctor 4 (remains stored in the north)
G-AOGE H.210 Proctor 2 R Biggin Hill (under long term restoration to flying condition)
OO-ARM (G-AHZY) Ae.84 Proctor 5 S Brussels,Museum (static)
OY-ACP H.274 Proctor 3 P 20 miles from Helsingore, Denmark.
P-4 H.578 (NP171) Proctor 4 P Brussels Museum (static)
NP294 H.678 Proctor 4 R E.Kirby, original military specification never civilianised
EI-ACV K.426? Proctor 2 S Celbridge (a few remaining parts)
EC-AHB Proctor 3 Madrid, Spain. (Airframe complete and stored).
ZK-AQK (c/n Ae79) Originally registered Dec 11 1947 this aircraft had various owners including Southern Scenic. It was withdrawn from use at Roxburgh in 1965. It returned to the register on Nov 10, 1977. The aircraft was restored (including the engine) but is not airworthy. The registration was again cancelled on January 24, 1991. Has been displayed at the Ashburton Aviation Museum, but is now with the owner at at Dunsandel.
ZK-AQJ (c/n Ae50) Last flown in 1972, the registration was cancelled on April 1, 1992. Currently in storage at Auckland.
ZK-AQZ (c/n Ae143) ex G-AHGN was built at Luton and first flew on October 27, 1948. The aircraft was imported by Ernie Clark, the New Zealand Percival agent, and used as a demonstrator. He retained the aircraft until his death in December 1964. The aircraft then passed through various owners including Airwork (NZ) Ltd, B.R.Cragg, A.J.Robinson, Scotts Engineering Ltd, and P.Dyer. In 1972 the aircraft went to the Golden Age Flying Society (GAFS) at Omaka, near Blenheim. When this ceased its activities in the late 1970's, its assets passed to the Sport and Vintage Aviation Society (SVAS) at Masterton. The aircraft was only displayed in a static condition for some years. However, in 1990 restoration work began supported largely by Lottery Board funding. Many hours and approximately NZ$60,000 later, AQZ made its first official post restoration flight on October 10, 1993 in the hands of John Lanham. Today the aircraft remains (airworthy) at Masterton with the SVAS. Advertised for sale 2012 for circa £65,000 sterling.
ZK-APH (c/n Ae126) Formerly operated by the Waikato Aero Club as 'Spirit of Waikato'. The aircraft was withdrawn from use at Ardmore in 1967. The registration was cancelled on January 24, 1991. Last reported in storage in Chistchurch. Status unknown.
ZK-ARP (c/n Ae97) ex G-AIEO was manufactured in October 1946. The aircraft was shipped to New Zealand in June 1948 for the Wairarapa and Ruahine Aero Club having flown a total of 50 minutes. The aircraft went into service in September 1948. In December 1950 the aircraft went to the Wellington Aero Club, where it stayed until April 1957. The aircraft was then stored in Nelson for two years. The aircraft was purchased by Frank Brittain and taken to Palmerston North, where it was rebuilt over a five year period. The aircraft was occassionaly flown by the owner for a number of years. Stored after his death, the aircraft has been restored by Stan and Gilly Smith at North Shore and is now (airworthy) and operated by a syndicate.
ZK-AVW (c/n Ae78) ex G-AGWW Named 'Kiwi Wanderer', this aeroplane was flown to New Zealand by Arthur Bradshaw. The aircraft was last flown at Wanganui in October 1972. The registration was cancelled on January 25, 1991. Currently in storage at Auckland.
ZK-DPP Proctor 1 (G-AHTV) (modified to represent Vega Gull) (airworthy) New Zealand.
Unknown Proctor 5? D India.
ZS-DCO (c/n) Ae 105 SAAF Museum South Africa, ex G-AIEU
LR 101 C/n AE118 Proctor V. First flown 25-11-46 then stored. Issued with C of A 10469 issued 05-04-49 to Lebanese Government and to Lebanese airforce as LR 101. Flown Luton to Beirut by Wing commander EPP Gibbs 07-04-49 (with Proctor V LR102). Still extant in technical college outside Beirut.

CF-EHF Ae.140 Proctor 6, Hamilton, Ontario (remains of the Mk 6 built with floats for the Hudson Bay Company)

Member for

20 years 5 months

http://www.atlanticdhg.com/TOM/index.htm

Would love to find the site again Martin! The above is the old link which you will see is now a Chinese site. Following Archer's excellent advice, all I get is 'not available for search due to some BOT'. Don't know where to go from here. I would guess that the original webmaster has passed or moved on and the bills were not paid, so the site has lapsed.

I had a try as well, but got the same result. That means that the original webmaster disabled automated searches of the site at some point. A shame as the Wayback Machine has loads of interesting data in it.
Profile picture for user Zac Yates

Member for

15 years 10 months

Although it doesn't help with the website query, Proctors VH-BCX and ZK-DPP listed above are one and the same :) BCX was restored to resemble a Vega Gull and registered ZK-DPP, aping Jean Batten's former G-ADPR which was ZK-DPR.

Member for

15 years 4 months

Here is a current list of Proctor survivors.
... ZS-DCO (c/n) Ae 105 SAAF Museum South Africa, ex G-AIEU ...
Have anybody any images of this ZS-DCO ? Or, maybe, photos of any other South African "Proctor" ?

They had 12 Percival "Proctor" planes at least.
I try to find any pictures of S.A. "Proctors" for several years - but my searches are fruitless up to date.

Member for

12 years 11 months

FYI, ZK-APH is alas no longer among us. I have what is left (mainly metal bits and some wood remains) but the prospect of rebuild, even for me, are unrealistic. 'AVW is now with the Subritzky collection and may be restored to static condition. 'ARP is reasonably fit and well but needs a new suit of clothes i.e. is to be refabriced this summer, but then will be "good to go" again. Colour scheme will be as now, light cream with torquise trim and registration. 'AQJ is still with John Geary at Ardmore in storage

Profile picture for user Zac Yates

Member for

15 years 10 months

And AQZ is still for sale :eagerness:

Thanks Stan for the update! I always enjoy finding out what delights you have.

Member for

17 years 1 month

Full coverage of the NZ Percivals and their current state of play:

forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?131582-New-Zealand-Percival-aircraft

Member for

19 years

Thanks for the updates! Hopefully, new developments for the Percival website are in the near future .

Member for

24 years 3 months

TF-HGS Ae.57 (G-AHGS) Proctor 5 R Iceland (substantial remains)
TF-VIB K.242 Proctor 1 (G-AHVH) R Reykjavik, Iceland (Part fuselage, centre section and one wing)

Not quite right! Whatever remains of TF-HGS will fit in a bucket - mostly metal fittings. Of TF-VIB only the one wing and (possibly) a part of a centre section remains. The fuselage was consumed by fire in the early 50´s

Member for

19 years

Question answered. Obviously the web site is no more and had been out of date for some conderable time and the best reference for Percival aircraft is now the Air Britain book, 'On the wings of a gull' produced posthumously by the late Dave Gearing. This has saved me the trouble of trying to resurrect a dead web site which was probably beyond my capabilities!