Difficulties obtaining Flypast??

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

Anyone else having problems getting hold of the a copy of this month's magazine from the shops?

I've tried four or five different places in the past two days with no joy. I usually get it from one or other of the WH Smith shops near me, and even picked it up in Tesco once or twice.

I realise deliveries to various outlets might have been hindered by the New Year, but I've never had problems getting the magazine from my usual sources before, even at this time of year.

I might just have to start subscribing now....

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

Same problem here in Hull. No copies in Tesco or WH Smith...!

Member for

15 years 8 months

I had the very same problem whilst visiting family in Wales last week, WH Smith in Lanelli and Swansea were without.

Member for

19 years 3 months

I was told today that WH Smith in Edinburgh had not received any copies but that they thought they may get a delivery mid-week.

Member for

20 years 5 months

No shop get's it automatically.
The publisher will be paying to have it appear on the shelves.
If certain shops don't shift the mag, then out it goes, waste of money to pay to keep it there...

Member for

18 years 2 months

Picked mine up last week no problem. Also seen them in Tescos Norwich

Member for

20 years 8 months

I was told today that WH Smith in Edinburgh had not received any copies but that they thought they may get a delivery mid-week.

I'll maybe check back at the weekend then.

Member for

17 years 1 month

Picked one up in Sussex in a "one stop shop" no problem at all

Member for

14 years 4 months

Same here in north Derbyshire. No sign of Flypast or other Key titles in any of the local Morrisons, Tescos, or WH Smiths. Tried the local independant newsagent who stocks just about every magazine going, and he's got none either.

Something seems to have gone a bit haywire with the distribution! (I blame the snow.)

Regards,

Rich

Member for

11 years 10 months

I buy my copy at the Spar shop at the local garage (unusually for such a shop, they stock a good range of aircraft and railway magazines) here in Preston. I asked last Friday whether Flypast had come in but it hadn't. I'll check again this week.
Andy

Member for

18 years 2 months

As posted elsewhere about these parts when referencing the A1 Lightning cockpit, which is featured on page 13 of the February 2015 edition – stocks reached the NAM Shop safely during the Christmas holiday period.

Just another thought, I wonder what courier company is being used for distribution – might they be caught up in the City Link administration situation?

Member for

20 years 8 months

I checked in my local Tesco earlier (Penicuik branch) and they had some copies in.

Member for

18 years 10 months

It has come to our attention that some UK stores have not yet received the February issue of FlyPast magazine.

Unfortunately, there has a been a short delay due to distribution problems over the festive season.

This has now been rectified and copies should now be in store, or will be within the next couple of days at the very latest.

Please note, you can order direct with FREE UK second class P&P here or subscribe to ensure you never miss a copy here.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Happy New Year, the FlyPast Team

Member for

24 years 3 months

Oh! So not the monopolies commission then? :)

Member for

16 years 4 months

...and there's only one of those!

Member for

10 years 2 months

In the area I live getting Flypast (And a number of other Magazines) has become difficult due to WH Smiths closure of branches.
I no longer buy Flypast every month due to the limited number of articles that interest me. (No big fan of WW2 stuff)
Another Title I do get every month is now under the Key publishing wing, but not Aviation related.
This I was going to stop getting (On subscription) After having an almighty argument with the idiots at Webscribe.(Rude, and arrogant, no customer care skills whatever)
My partner bought me a gift subscription after having problems with Webscribe and rang the Editorial Dept direct who sorted it out.
When I asked who I should contact to formally complain about wescribe they cut me off, Key take note and get a grip of them before they cost you any more buisness.