Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projects Wants And Trades 2015

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for the rods to connect the chains up on my Hurricane control column. They are currently connected with garden wire! Do not have to be original parts just want something that will do the job beter than the wire.
    Think they are just 1/4" rod with a Rh and Lh thread at either end..The hawker Demon uses the same setup.
    "If the C.O. ask's you to be Tail End Charlie...just shoot him!!!....A Piece of Cake.
    http://spitfirea58-27.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Hello, i have Vampire Brake Bags for sale, Ex Swiss airforce.Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-20 12.11.25.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	3658516
      PM for info
      Simon

Comment

Looking for any leads/parts for Typhoon RB396. Particularly interested in any spar, wing or panel parts that would be suitable for patterns. Always interested in hearing about any surviving parts or any 'rumours', someone has to follow them up to confirm if they are true
        sigpiconly 15 years so far...still a baby of a project www.hawkertyphoon.com

Comment

Dave, if pattern sources are useful, I believe YAM has some of the old cowlings and panels Bee Beaumont kept as mementos on display.

Comment

I would love to have an indicator unit from AI Mk 10 (SCR720)
            Man is not lost. Only temporarily uncertain of his position.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterVerney View Post
              I would love to have an indicator unit from AI Mk 10 (SCR720)

As with many of the other items on here, I might have them but I need a photo or good drawing before I start burrowing in boxes to see if what I have is the same or just similar.

Comment

This is the animal I am looking for. A usual tin box which housed a CRT behind each tatty screen plus other assorted gubbins. If you have such a thing I would be grateful

It was associated with two other boxes which comprised those parts of AI Mk10 which resided in the cockpit and had knobs and switches for us ignorant nav/rads to play with and so keep us occupied
                Last edited by PeterVerney; 6th January 2015, 16:13.
                Man is not lost. Only temporarily uncertain of his position.

Comment

Ref #22. I have a couple of unused T21 Vamp brake units complete, if someone needs them.
                  Still looking for a float and floatchamber top for a Zenith 36 A.K.B. carb for the Cherub engine.

Comment

Quick note - this is a thread for Wants only, not Sales - no advertising on the forum please. No issue with anyone responding to peoples requirements by PM or email.

Comment

I'm looking for an airspeed indicator (ASI) with range 0-120kts or 0-140kts for my VP1 project. So must be still be useable.
                      Any help really appreciated.

Comment

Bottisham Airfield Museum are after an emergency canopy release handle and the canopy winding handle/mechanism for its P-51D project.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	305.jpg
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	3658544

Also the bomb salvo release handles/mechanism and trim console.Click image for larger version

Name:	WBS_P-51D-5-NA_Cockpit_Ground_3.jpg
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	3658545

Any leads on Link trainer parts especially a desk.

Many thanks

jasonwebb@bottishamairfieldmuseum.org.uk
                        Jason Webb
                        www.bottishamairfieldmuseum.org.uk
                        www.361fg.com

Comment

Hi Everyone I was wondering if anyone had a Sea Harrier Throttle Box that they may let go.
                          My Email is richardscarborough9@hotmail.com. I have a few swaps if interested.

Comment

Can any one tell me what size fittings were used to fix instruments to instrument panel of a Hurricane. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hartmann View Post
                              Can any one tell me what size fittings were used to fix instruments to instrument panel of a Hurricane. Thanks
                              If we're talking about the Blind Flying Panel I think it's countersunk 4BA for most things and possible 2BA domed for the Artificial Horizon and Gyroscopic compass. Either way, horizon and gyro compass should be domed.
                              "The best way to stop a crack in the fuselage spreading is to drill each end with a one eighth bit."
                              @HorsaJed | Jet Age Museum Horsa Cockpit Project

Comment

Needed for our Canberra TT.18 - any leads appreciated!

Our Beech 18 & T-6@www.beechrestorations.com
                                Visit Sywell Aviation Museum @
                                www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/museum.php
                                Sywell Airshow 17.8.2014

Comment

Seeking WW2 British inert air dropped Bomber Command ordinance for museum display and WW2 RAF airfield and ground support equipment. Would also appreciate any leads to purchase a WAAF uniform too please.

Thanks.

Comment

Looking for any high ground wrecks and relics. Anything considered - any size, aircraft or nationality. Bigger bits are of more interest! 07890 eight 92147

Comment

Stirling project needs any part of Stirling canopy- coupe framework any size any part or condition , the project has just the pilots escape hatch, also an astro hatch any condition or even part of to use as patterns
                                      PM myself or Jaguar 12 , best regards Kev

Comment

Hi All,
                                        Does anyone know of any Fairey Firefly Observers cockpit canopy frames?
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	File0922 copy.jpg
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	3658602
                                        cheers
                                        Andrew
                                        WANTED FAIREY FIREFLY parts!
                                        Griffon74@btinternet.com

Comment

Vulture, there's a frame on ebay that may be worth looking at. Seller doesn't know what it is from, but you might get lucky? Item number is111566408697
                                          Aviation Artist

Comment

Working...
                                          X