Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typhoon Project for sale

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wyvernfan
    wyvernfan@gmail.com
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
    The direction of the thread is a little unfair, there is an awful lot of original and genuine typhoon parts in Rogers project. I have nothing but admiration for the time and effort Roger has put in to raise the profile of the typhoon and it's crew
    Agreed. As someone who has also devoted a big part of his life to collecting parts, photos and information for a particular aircraft type (though admittedly not as successfully as Roger) I too have nothing but admiration and praise for this impressive Typhoon project.
    And as someone has already said, find another!

Rob
    Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/Westland.Wy...tif_t=page_fan

Comment

• Oxcart
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Nov 2007

For what it's worth, I don't care what it's provenance is. I think it looks great and can appreciate the enormous amount of work that's obviously gone into it.
      Give a man a fish and eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod and he'll eat for a lifetime. Give a man religion and he'll die praying for a fish!

Comment

• Runway06
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Jan 2010

Looks like it's a Typhoon to me. Nice project.

Comment

• Bruce
          Independent analyst
          • Jan 2000

I wasn't throwing Spitfires into the mix, for any other reason than to demonstrate that a collection of related parts from any aircraft, means you have an example of that aircraft.

So, yes, this is a Typhoon, even if it does have a load of Tempest parts in it, that are the same part number.

I'll try not to be so subtle next time...

Comment

• windhover
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Jan 2014

Originally, Roger used Tempest front wing mount attachment cross-members which have since been replaced.

Click image for larger version

Name:	T H 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	3658381 Click image for larger version

Name:	T H 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	3658382

The lower frame longitudinal tubes from joint C to joint K (Forward wing mount to aft wing mount)... are still Tempest-style Square section instead of Typhoon 2", 14 gauge, T50 round-section, squared to take joints F and N... but all things considered; the asking price is fair when you take into account the rarity and cost of proper Typhoon components (if you can actually find any.)

Have a look at this...
            http://www.jetagemuseum.org/Typhoon.aspx

Comment

• Mark12
              MEANS MOTIVE OPPORTUNITY
              • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
              I once contemplated making Ralph Hull an offer for a huge amount of original Spitfire stuff he had, all left over from various restorations, and which would have formed the majority of a fuselage. These were all original wartime manufactured parts, and if assembled, would have become....? What?
              You would have become the proud owner of a Spitfire project but lacking provenance....and I would be minus a few skin panels on my Mk 22 project.

(GrahamF please note the 22 also has a data plate with RAF serial number )

Mark
              "...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney"

Comment

• dylan9391
                Rank 4 Registered User
                • Mar 2014

It would be amazing for two things to happen:
                The first is that I win the lottery and secondly that I win enough to buy this wonderful Typhoon recreation. The sheer amount of work and money that goes into amassing enough parts to make such an amazing fuselage in the first place and then the skill in putting it altogether. Quite superb

Comment

• oldgit158
                  Grand Waster of Time
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by tiffyman View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]234163[/ATTACH]

Having built this tempest V cockpit frame, i don't see a lot of specific tempest parts
                  Tiffyman,

Would love to read more about your project please,

Jason
                  "For you Hilts one month solitary watching Downton Abbey"

Comment

• SADSACK
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Jan 2000

Elvington would be a logical home for her. Lets face it shes not going to fly again. With the halifax and mosquito theres nowhere you could see them together.
                    pb::

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                    X