Jaguars!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

10 years 2 months

Shameless plug...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]233394[/ATTACH]

On sale now - Jaguar fans please take note :)

Attachments
Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Whoever picked a pink one to go on the cover? Looks dreadful!

Member for

10 years 2 months

I did :) I agree that it isn't the most attractive of colours but it is what it is... blame the RAF! :)

Member for

17 years 11 months

I did :) I agree that it isn't the most attractive of colours but it is what it is... blame the RAF! :)

Incorrect, blame MoD(IPR). It was XX725, the last Gulf War Jaguar left flying in 2007. David Walker AOC 1 Gp suggested a pink one, so we asked CinC STC to authorise it. It was Johnny Fartpants during GW1, but John Sullivan didn't want that. Commission was put out and the Can opener Girl was picked.

Member for

19 years 1 month

I dunno - I think pink kind of suits the Jag :D

; )

Member for

10 years 2 months

I guess everyone has a different view but it's not really up to me to decide what is attractive and what isn't! It's a Jaguar and it's a perfectly-positioned, top quality photograph. As I said before, one can only blame the RAF if one doesn't happen to like "Desert Sand" camouflage! I have to admit I think it would have looked far more impressive in Dark Green/Dark Sea Grey!

Member for

18 years 4 months

the jaguars were hastily re painted at RAF Coltishall with the help of Air Cadets and staged via Akrotiri where i was lucky enough to watch them arrive while on emergency detachment to boost air traffic for 24 hour manning. Even more exciting was watching a U2 variant depart, no chance of pics as it was a rather sensitive time on base! I was an avid reader of Aviation News and often found out more of what was happening from the mag than we were told by the official channels. Back at Kinloss the station intelligence cell used to copy sections of my mag to help brief crews.

Member for

20 years

Cant have enough Jags..one of, if not my favourite sharp noisy pointy things

Member for

24 years 2 months

Denis - ditto.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Its a part of the a/cs history. I allways loved PinkSpitfires too. My model goes down well at exhibitions.

did Buster big bollox survive? An old boy saw the picture of her at Norwich and nearly passed out. For those not in the know its a Jaguar with nose art of a gentleman pushing his manhood in a wheelbarrow.

Member for

16 years 11 months

XZ118 was the ac that ended up at Tate Modern. Sadly now saucepans

Member for

24 years 2 months

re;

XZ118 was the ac that ended up at Tate Modern. Sadly now saucepans

Its ridiculous they have none at Hendon. The Jaguar schemed one would look fantastic in milestones of flight being so colourful, far more so than a grey F35 replica.

Member for

16 years 11 months

Its ridiculous they have none at Hendon. The Jaguar schemed one would look fantastic in milestones of flight being so colourful, far more so than a grey F35 replica.

I've often raised this point with my contacts at RAFM, I think it's being worked on.....although personally I'd like to see a standard Jag scheme on display.

John

Member for

24 years 2 months

re;

I've often raised this point with my contacts at RAFM, I think it's being worked on.....although personally I'd like to see a standard Jag scheme on display.

John

It would be a tragedy to see that one broken up. Its eye catching and would go down well with the public.

Member for

15 years

did Buster big bollox survive?

Wasn't that one called Buster Gonad?

Member for

17 years 11 months

What happened to the 12 Desert Cat frames of Desert Storm and present location.

XX725/T, “Johnny Fartpants” GIA airframe at DCAE Cosford. Still a runner
XX733/R ,”Baggers Spitfire” Crashed at Coltishall 23rd January 1996 after hitting the barrier on take off. CAT 5 and scrapped
XZ119/Z,” Katrina Jane” National Museum of Flight, East Fortune.
XZ358/W, “Diplomatic Service” Taxi able GIA at DCAE Cosford
XZ364/Q, “Sadman” Sold to private collector, believe only the nose section remains
XZ367/P “Debbie/White Rose” Exported to Karellas Koropiou, Greece
XZ375/S “The Guardian Reader” Cockpit at the CNAM, Norwich
XX748/U, GIA airframe at DCAE Cosford
XX962/X, “Fat Slags” GIA airframe at DCAE Cosford
XZ118/Y, “Buster” Fiona Banner destroyed
XZ356/N “Mary Rose” Private owner, Welshpool
XZ106/O “Rule Britannia” RAF Manston Museum.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hopefully one of the four at Cosford will find its way into the RAF Museum collection in due course, but I'm not holding my breath as they seem to be heading down the route of rationalisation of the collection.

Member for

10 years 2 months

Has anyone actually seen a copy of the Jaguar magazine? There seems to be a distinct shortage of copies in WH Smiths! :)

Member for

17 years 11 months

Hopefully one of the four at Cosford will find its way into the RAF Museum collection in due course, but I'm not holding my breath as they seem to be heading down the route of rationalisation of the collection.

With the move to Lyneham, I am fully expecting some of the DCAE frames to be disposed, certainly the older generation RAFG retired maintenance frames. XX119 to a Museum please, AI immortality..

Member for

17 years 11 months

There are none in Norwich.. Anywhere..

Member for

24 years 2 months

There were a pile in my local Tesco yesterday, and in WH Smiths this morning