AP1659A - Turretry - Amendments - Large Quantity - 1939 -1943

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

9 years 4 months

Good Morning,

I have a large quantity of AP amendments for AP1659A.

1. AP 1659A Volume II Part 2 Schedule Of Fits, Clearances, And Repair Tolerances
2. AP 1659A Volume II Part 2 Amendment List No.1 Frazer Nash Gun Turrets (AL1) Volume II Part 2 October 1940
3. AP 1659A Volume II Part 2 Instructions For Dismantling, Assembling, Testing And Repair April 1939
Section 1 - Instructions for removing and dismantling gun turrets including assembly and installation in the aeroplane
Section 2 - Instructions for dismantling, assembling, and testing individual components
Section 3 - Instructions for repair

There are perhaps another 30 AP components, including amendments, making a substantial and wholly original working reference.

References to (Not exhaustive):
FN64 Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Lancaster Stirling and Warwick Under Gun Turrets
FN20A Wellington, Stirling, Lancaster and Warwick Tail Gun Turret
FN54A And FN60 Blenheim Defence Turrets
FN7 And FN8 Manchester & Lerwick
Botha 1 & 2
FN21 Retracting Under Gun Turret
Wellington 1A

I also have a certified technical drawing - D-180502 - Stamped Int Room 1942 - for a hydraulic system for the FN20

I am looking to part with them, as they are of no use to me, not specifically here, but I question where I would be best placed to present them? Who would still use them, or treasure them as I have? (Kept safe with me for 10 years), I also have no perspective on value.

Any and all help appreciated!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]233387[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]233388[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]233389[/ATTACH]

Attachments
Original post

Member for

17 years 6 months

They would be nice scanned and available on CD, but that takes time and money, One hopes you find a safe and secure home for their future.

Member for

9 years 4 months

They would be nice scanned and available on CD, but that takes time and money, One hopes you find a safe and secure home for their future.

They would indeed! It did cross my mind, however the time required to do this sadly isn't available to me.

One thing that would never be available on disc, is the aroma when flicking through... You know you've got something when that hits you, kind of like flicking through an antique book in a book shop... [ATTACH=CONFIG]233386[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

16 years 11 months

Oh how we could have done with these when we were restoring our FN5.

:rolleyes:

Member for

15 years 4 months

The Elvington museum has a section dedicated to aircraft gun turrets, so perhaps you could consider that as a suitable place?