Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shuttleworth's New Logo

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HP111
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • May 2012

This thread set me thinking. I am ashamed to say I haven't been to Old Warden for over 40 years. An item to note for next summer. Interestingly, that means that many of the aircraft are now twice as old as when I was last there.
    I prefer the new logo. Fashions change and the new logo has a less focussed nature more in keeping with the times.

Comment

• svas_volunteer
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Feb 2005

I like the new logo which was unveiled on hangar 2 back in time for the air race airshow, the metal is partially burnished and so doesn't look shiny and new and most importantly it can be viewed as a rotary engine with wings or a flower between two slopes tying in both attractions on site. Both of these views have been stated to me by visitors and yes men normally see the engine, women the flower but not everytime. The Bird of Prey centre has been gone for nearly two years but insist on still trading on their "near Biggleswade" location and for some reason the brown signs still haven't been updated by the local council. I believe a change may be happening with the website soon and the new logo will then be carried across all the formats.
      Hemmingway Starter for hire

Comment

• Bushell
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Dec 2011

I believe they changed the logo because the old one looks too much like a Sopwith Triplane hitting a fence.

Comment

• Mike J
          • Jan 2000

Harsh

Comment

• Sideslip
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Bushell View Post
            I believe they changed the logo because the old one looks too much like a Sopwith Triplane hitting a fence.
            Actually you're right, it does. And although I'm sure you were joking, that's the best possible explanation so far.
            Work! You don't know what work is. When I was a boy...

Comment

• svas_volunteer
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Sideslip View Post
              Actually you're right, it does. And although I'm sure you were joking, that's the best possible explanation so far.
              Nope the plan has been to change the logo for a while, so no august's events were not the cause for the change as far as I know. As I said earlier it is to tie the two attractions together as shuttleworth isn't just an aircraft/vehicle museum and I really hope more people come to visit both sites.

Steve
              Hemmingway Starter for hire

Comment

• Sideslip
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by svas_volunteer View Post
                I like the new logo which was unveiled on hangar 2 back in time for the air race airshow
                I was at the air race show but never noticed it, which just shows how observant I am.
                Work! You don't know what work is. When I was a boy...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                X