Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mig-21 bound for Australia?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daniel
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Sep 2009

Another Mig-21 bound for Australia?

I have been made aware that plans are afoot by a owner to import a Mig-21 for adventure rides into Australia sometime soon, most likely in 2015. The last flying Aussie Mig-21 flew in the 1990s i recall but suffered some issues and was keep grounded and now on display a at a museum.
  • Oxcart
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Nov 2007

According to wikipedia (I know, it can't be trusted much!) There's one being restored in Perth
    Give a man a fish and eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod and he'll eat for a lifetime. Give a man religion and he'll die praying for a fish!

Comment

• Daniel
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Sep 2009

I have spoken to the owner today, he is willing to share more information on his interesting project when he is ready to do so. He is just sorting out some issues at present.

Comment

• Oxcart
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Nov 2007

Very best of luck to him! The man has good taste!
        Give a man a fish and eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod and he'll eat for a lifetime. Give a man religion and he'll die praying for a fish!

Comment

• K5054NZ
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • May 2008

Good on him! A -21 would make for an incredible flight experience. I'll follow this with great interest!
          "those who know keep quiet, and those who don't are frowned upon for asking." - snafu

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
          X