Short Stirling part I.D required.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 8 months

I have this part for a Sterling, curved alloy strip about 20cm long although could have been longer, stamped with S.B 236 and a data tag with 1290615 and B419E. It is also stamped UHB 11 in a small oval. Traces of cockpit green on the inner surface. Any ideas please?

Attachments
Original post

Member for

16 years 11 months

Hi Scott

Stirling Pt No 1290616 is part of the break out window retaining ring located at fr 6 port and stbd (approx in line with the Nav desk, should be able to post a pic of the mofification drawing tomorrow

John

Member for

16 years 11 months

As promised here's the drawing showing where this part is installed

John

Attachments

Member for

17 years 6 months

C'mon guys, let's tighten-up the part identification...

...that took a full fifteen minutes! And the drawing wasn't posted until this morning! :rolleyes:

Member for

16 years 11 months

Apologies, I'm slacking :highly_amused:

Scott,any history on the location where it was found? Would certainly be interested in borrowing it as it will be useful when it comes to making those parts up when it comes to that part of our cockpit

cheers

John

Member for

12 years 8 months

Hi John, No history i'm afraid, as it's out of my dads collection, identities lost to time. Give me a nod when you require the part for copying and many thanks for the information that you have supplied.

Member for

16 years 11 months

Thanks Scott, thanks for the offer and will let you know when we'd like to borrow it

Brian

That's a toughie! No Pt Nos and a vague pic LOL. The beam looks like it could be part of the cockpit structure and the cutout could be for the heater duct that runs down the stbd side of the fuselage, but that would just be a guess.