Legendary Aero CS-102 will fly again soon - second flyable MiG-15UTI in Europe

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 3 months

Czech made Aero CS-102 made in Aero Vodochody in 1955 is back in its birthplace. After years in Polish air force service and flying in the USA "spárka" is preparing on Hradec Králové base for the first fly in the Czech Republic. It will get livery of one of the last Czechoslovak air force CS-102 number 2514 decommissioned in 1982 of 30. bilp situated on Hradec Králové base at that time

[ATTACH=CONFIG]231044[/ATTACH]

Video - timelapse and first start engine
http://technet.idnes.cz/mig-15uti-hradec-kralove-sramek-milota-dwn-/vojenstvi.aspx?c=A140811_120519_vojenstvi_kuz

Attachments
Original post

Member for

16 years

What a nice project. But, may I ask why or how the scheme for 2514 was chosen? It seems that in doing so a number of more, shall we say, 'glamourous' Czech examples have been passed over. That is perfectly reasonable, of course, but just my own curiosity to know why?...

Looking forward to first flight.

Member for

17 years 3 months

What a nice project. But, may I ask why or how the scheme for 2514 was chosen? It seems that in doing so a number of more, shall we say, 'glamourous' Czech examples have been passed over. That is perfectly reasonable, of course, but just my own curiosity to know why?...

Looking forward to first flight.

This CS-102 already got matking of formet 2514, because former and "new" 2514 was and is based on Hradec Králové former military base, just reminder of "30. bitevní letecký pluk" honored with name "Ostravský" (30th attack regiment, name "Ostravský" as reminder of battle of czech city Ostrava in 1945) - successor of famous "3. československý bitevní letecký pluk v SSSR" for many years (3rd czechoslovak attack regiment USSR - one of the most important operation of that battalion was battle of Ostrava of course with Il-2). So the "new" 2514 is private plane based on Hradec Králové and father of one of the owners was S-102 pilot, so CS-102 got livery of one of the last Czechoslovak S/CS-102. Last S/CS-102 and MiG-15bisSB were decommmissioned in 1982 just on Hradec Králové base. Aeros and MiGs were replaced with Su-25 at that time.

http://technet.idnes.cz/foto.aspx?r=vojenstvi&c=A140811_120519_vojenstvi_kuz&foto=KUZ552e98_obrzek1.JPG

note Ostrava city emblem on fuselage, typical sign of all 30. regiment´s planes

Member for

18 years

Many thanks for keeping us updated on this project! :applause:

If I am correct we now have two airworthy Mig-15s in Europe?

Member for

24 years 2 months

One in Poland, one in Norway (if it has arrived yet) and now this one in Czech

Member for

24 years 2 months

One in Poland, one in Norway (if it has arrived yet) and now this one in Czech

What a great pity none of them ever flew with the Golden Apple F-86A before it headed back to the USA. What an airshow pairing that would have been!

Adrian

Member for

24 years 2 months

I remember the OFMC one flying with the F-86 at at least one Duxford show. Mark in the Sabre and Rolf Meum in the MiG IIRC

Member for

24 years 2 months

Oops... shows how much attention I must have been paying!

Adrian

Member for

24 years 2 months

It was a long time ago though, before the MiG was puchased by one of the aero engine companies and donated to the TAM museum in Brazil

Member for

17 years 3 months

Last S-102 and Mig-15bisSB of Czechoslovak air force stared in movie Vysoká modrá zeď from 1973. They simulated itself at the 1950s in the movie...

"US planes" interception over Czechoslovak territory, actually poor Delfíns :-)

"tool of revenge" is comming..., scenes of civilian plane disaster over Czechoslovakia due to US propagandist balloons and first Mig-15s for Czechoslovak Air Force comming in Czechoslovakia, note erased Czechoslovak roundels of the migs for the film, they belonged to the 30. bilp in 1973 from Hradec Králové base :-)

Member for

12 years

Great news. A shame HA-UTI didn't last long otherwise there was one more.

Member for

13 years 6 months

DOBRE!!

I see the Ostrava crest on the nose too.

Member for

14 years 11 months

I had no idea that this was being restored to fly. Only today found that it's flying again, so it's a coincidence that I built this model this yearhttps://farm3.staticflickr.com/2843/11506353046_b1d804d6b3_b.jpgMig-15 UTI Czechoslovak Air Force by Lightningboy2000, on Flickr

I guess I now have to do the Tiger stripes on the fin now!

Martin

Member for

10 years 1 month

Brilliant Thread. thanks Gents and Merry Christmas.