Helicopter photos on Flickr ca. 1950

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 7 months

Buried deep in the uploads of the Iredell County Public Library some neat aviation pics
helicopter007

helicopter050

Helicopter pilot Bob Conway

helicopter093

watch those pylons!
helicopter020

Original post

Member for

16 years 5 months

That first one looks like something from Mad Max. Nice photos

Rob

Member for

18 years 11 months

Great photo find! Kaman still in production in 2014 (but not that model!).

Member for

14 years 7 months

great find. Kaman K-125 from 1947

Member for

15 years 7 months

I only found these because the Iredell County Public Library posted in the Flickr Help Forum...( basically they've put 80,000 photos up with hardly any Titles. Descriptions or Tags making them unsearchable by computer)

Member for

18 years 11 months

Are you suggesting that the Forum should volunteer to help identify and tag these photos?!

Member for

14 years 11 months

Well...

- Kaman K-225 N466A is still with us, displayed at the New England Air Museum.
- Sikorsky H-5D 43-46647 was damaged in an accident in December 1953, and not heard of since.
- Bell 47H-1 N966B is still with us, displayed in the Niagara Aerospace Museum.
- Bell 47G-2 N2823B was destroyed in a roll-over accident in February 1976 (pilots OK)

Two out of four ain't bad.

Member for

15 years 7 months

Are you suggesting that the Forum should volunteer to help identify and tag these photos?!

No....but I've suggested to the guy running the archive that they set the tagging function to 'open access' so anybody interested can add a tag (so searchable) in addition to/instead of a comment (which isn't searchable)...much more efficient.

Member for

17 years 8 months

I find Flickr really good for finding rare aviation material uploaded by both individuals and institutions such as libraries and museums.

Sometimes the quantity of material can be overwhelming though, such as the SDASM. Althoughnot knowing what you might find is half the fun :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdasmarchives/sets/